Trial Discussion Thread. (1 Viewer)

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Unethical: memorise a tutor's or state ranker's essay (I don't condone this, hello mcneilage)

Ethical: For your belonging essay, have some underlying aspect of belonging you are addressing. For mine I did the paradoxical nature of belonging.

For the creative, don't just throw is as many descriptive words as you can for the sake of it. Appeal to the senses, most people only appeal to sight or touch. Try taste or sound; hell I even went as far as appealing to the kinaesthetic senses in my creative.

For short answers there isn't much, just understand how different texts/composers convey a sense of belonging with relevant textual evidence and it's gg no re.
My belonging essay is about the paradoxical nature of belonging as well. It talks about how not belonging can be good rather than bad as perceived by most, but what I'm confused about is how am I supposed to 'adapt' my essay to the question if it asks completely something else that doesn't have anything to do with not-belonging
Example; 'An individual’s perceptions of belonging evolve in response to the passage of time and interaction with their world.' Can I even use my essay here/ mention not-belonging?

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
My belonging essay is about the paradoxical nature of belonging as well. It talks about how not belonging can be good rather than bad as perceived by most, but what I'm confused about is how am I supposed to 'adapt' my essay to the question if it asks completely something else that doesn't have anything to do with not-belonging
Example; 'An individual’s perceptions of belonging evolve in response to the passage of time and interaction with their world.' Can I even use my essay here/ mention not-belonging?
"Over time, an individual's perceptions are shaped by their experiences and interactions with the world, as the underlying dichotomy of belonging reveals its paradoxical nature."

Then mould your thesis to address how a sense of belonging/not-belonging ultimately transcends the current state of society as time and interactions influence our personal perceptions of belonging.

That's what I would do anyway.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
"Over time, an individual's perceptions are shaped by their experiences and interactions with the world, as the underlying dichotomy of belonging reveals its paradoxical nature."

Then mould your thesis to address how a sense of belonging/not-belonging ultimately transcends the current state of society as time and interactions influence our personal perceptions of belonging.

That's what I would do anyway.
Oh so just tweak the question a bit
Hmm good tip

RealiseNothing

HSC
Oh so just tweak the question a bit
Hmm good tip
Well the question really is just how our view of belonging is changed by time/society/interactions. Why not highlight how time/society/interactions change our view to one of a paradoxical nature? You basically only have to discuss perceptions of belonging (with respect to time/etc), and these perceptions can evolve around your thesis of a paradoxical sense of belonging.

RealiseNothing

HSC
Well that's my opinion anyway. Wait until enoilgam returns for his more-experienced opinion.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Well the question really is just how our view of belonging is changed by time/society/interactions. Why not highlight how time/society/interactions change our view to one of a paradoxical nature? You basically only have to discuss perceptions of belonging (with respect to time/etc), and these perceptions can evolve around your thesis of a paradoxical sense of belonging.
I see what you mean.
Damn I wish I did my HSC last year, my belonging essay(Just realised),creative, 2/3 module questions would've fitted perfectly

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
CSSA belonging question and creative stimulus = perfect

I already spent one week creating an adaptable essay and creative though, it was pretty easy to mould and the textual evidence coincided with the 'choice' part perfectly AND the other part where circumstances may inhibit a sense of belonging, despite their choice. Everything fit perfectly. My creative as well fit with the whole concept of the fish coming out of the bowl.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
CSSA belonging question and creative stimulus = perfect

I already spent one week creating an adaptable essay and creative though, it was pretty easy to mould and the textual evidence coincided with the 'choice' part perfectly AND the other part where circumstances may inhibit a sense of belonging, despite their choice. Everything fit perfectly. My creative as well fit with the whole concept of the fish coming out of the bowl.
That's great, you're going to smash your trials :)

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC

Not completely on topic but not completely off either

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
lol i just watched that. He kinda failed with the wog accent, but still funny
Yeah. I get his point though.

Funnily enough I have a mix of both (not saying I'm a girl, just studying patterns)

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Yeah. I get his point though.

Funnily enough I have a mix of both not saying I'm a girl, just studying patterns)

Are you implying you have a mix of schoolies/china holiday after hsc? :p

The Asian dad bit is the best

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Are you implying you have a mix of schoolies/china holiday after hsc? :p

The Asian dad bit is the best
Funny thing is that I was planning to hit up HK with my Asian mate

However he couldn't find a place to stay. He wanted to stay with me but I was staying with my grandma haha

He is the most indecisive person I know. I know he's booked tickets there but I have no idea where he is staying. Sucks to be him

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Trails brah.

Okay, time for more league. Yes this is related. I found a group of friends, we play everyday at 11PM and we talk about the HSC. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)