2013 Age of Silicon crew. (1 Viewer)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
This is a very nice topic in Physics I wasn't fortunate to do this topic but I dare say its probably the most rewarding topic. Also not many people in the state do it I would say under 50

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Main reason im undecided is because of questions such as 37 a. in 2010 paper, and 35 a. in 2012. Those circuits i dont quite understand. Its just that i cant find any info on how to understand the circuit fully and basically any resources in geneeral. You have any ideas?
Those questions are just circuits and logic gates.

I am starting it now. The two week holidays should be enough to finish it. Its only 66 pages in Jacaranda.
I used to be a complete electronics nub back in year 10, But now I really like electronics and want to learn more about them. I might even do electrical engineering.
Plus, our teacher never really has taught us Physics theory in class, so we should be fine without his help.
On another note, our teacher is very good at practical demonstrations and is also getting us to build a segway these holidays.

This is a very nice topic in Physics I wasn't fortunate to do this topic but I dare say its probably the most rewarding topic. Also not many people in the state do it I would say under 50
Its probably more like 5% of the Physics students.
I would still say Geophysics is the rarest one.

pcyl

HSC
My teacher is doing Quanta to Quarks, I feel this topic if far superior. Actually... Maybe its cause I do SDD and did the Interrelationship of Hardware and Software. Just my opinion.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Finished Age of Silicon. Great topic. Probably my second strongest in Physics (Space and M and G can get a bit wacky).

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
In 2012

Geophysics - 131
Medical - 2944
Astro - 2150
Q2Q - 4147
Age of Silicon - 65

Its probably more like 5% of the Physics students.
I would still say Geophysics is the rarest one.
Less than 1% do Age of Silicon now.

Geophysics used to be the rarest pre-2010, but for the last 3 years Age of Silicon has had fewer numbers than Geophysics.

Last edited:

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm actually very surprised also!

I am going to try and find out the schools which do it. Might prove beneficial to think about doing it

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Lol. I asked you before if you could tutor for it when I saw your Bachelor in nanotechnology. Basically our teacher does not really teach us content much, but rather gives us exam tips, so the whole class picked 3 different options and 5 of us decided to do it.
I doubt anyone in our school will do it next year though, since we had a good prospectus for future engineers, so I persuaded 4 others to do it with me.

Just one thing, If I do good in Age of Silicon for HSC (say 22/25 plus), and you decide to tutor it next year, would you be willing to allow me to help tutor?

Full marks in trial for Age of Silicon, just hope that HSC is that easy.

Last edited:

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I'm actually very surprised also!

I am going to try and find out the schools which do it. Might prove beneficial to think about doing it
If you need to find out about a handful, pm.

I've encouraged the next year's teacher for Physics at my school to do it.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
In 2012

Geophysics - 131
Medical - 2944
Astro - 2150
Q2Q - 4147
Age of Silicon - 65

Fizzy, where do you get these statistics from?

When I get my paper back soon, I want to see how I would have ranked in it with my raw mark hehe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)