Can someone rate the competitiveness of this SPECS for Mid tier law firm please. (1 Viewer)

theloorloor

HSC
N/A
Aim: Any mid tier law firm.

- Macquarie B.commerce/B.laws(second class honours)
- WAM for commerce = 80, WAM for law = 72, (OVERALL WAM = 75, MQ GPA : 3.5/4.0)
- All attempts for Mooting extracurricular, 3.5 years irrelevant part time work experience, 2 relevant clerkship for law,

theloorloor

HSC
N/A
ermm really... I cant comprehend your answers.

Someone who can "actually" answer the question thx.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Aim: Any mid tier law firm.

- Macquarie B.commerce/B.laws(second class honours)
- WAM for commerce = 80, WAM for law = 72, (OVERALL WAM = 75, MQ GPA : 3.5/4.0)
- All attempts for Mooting extracurricular, 3.5 years irrelevant part time work experience, 2 relevant clerkship for law,
so let me get this straight...

you are aiming to work in a mid tier firm... are those your current grade or what you think you're going to get???

really depends on the person and, hate to say it, who you know... guaranteed you will work in a small firm after you graduate... This is due to the need for indemnity insurance (chances are you are going to monumentally fuck up on your first year as a lawyer)... this will mean your premium for this insurance is going to be through the roof... With this said, its uneconomical for a larger firm to hire somebody who they are probably going to make a loss with... there is nothing wrong with aiming high... However, even mid tier firms are even hard to get into... chances are you can, given your experience... get ready for the hard yards but...

theloorloor

HSC
N/A
so let me get this straight...

you are aiming to work in a mid tier firm... are those your current grade or what you think you're going to get???

really depends on the person and, hate to say it, who you know... guaranteed you will work in a small firm after you graduate... This is due to the need for indemnity insurance (chances are you are going to monumentally fuck up on your first year as a lawyer)... this will mean your premium for this insurance is going to be through the roof... With this said, its uneconomical for a larger firm to hire somebody who they are probably going to make a loss with... there is nothing wrong with aiming high... However, even mid tier firms are even hard to get into... chances are you can, given your experience... get ready for the hard yards but...
Honestly, I have 0 connections. I know "0" law people.............

So to be straight forward my chances are extremely low?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad

Yes. Start low and build your way up, don't expect to start off at the top.....

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad

Well, no...

the point I'm actually trying to make is that there is no straight forward answer to it... There are so many variables to consider...

I don't really know you personally to make that judgement... Who knows, the recruiters may take a shining to you and you might get in to a top tier firm... I can't see the future, nor can anyone here...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)