General Thoughts: English Advanced Paper 2 (3 Viewers)

Traveller0901

HSC
I totally forgot to write my conclusion for module A :( Will i still be able to get a mark around 16/20?

RedDeadMaddie

HSC
Module a: I did Frankenstein/Blade Runner and talked about how the composers create an awareness of the consequences of ambition in regards to technology and humanity and how this makes the responder aware of the enduring values/issues in literature and society

Hayley :)
I did exactly this first half.. But somehow completely missed talking about the responder's APPRECIATION. How many marks have I lost D: also wrote all in third person #fek #yolo

harrietty

HSC
I loved the Frankenstein & Bladerunner question, I hated the Yeats question (srsly, time and place shaping understanding of search for truth? wtf?) and I loved the Julius Caesar question.
Yeats was quite bizarre, I ended up just referring to time and place as the composers context, shaping both Yeats intended meaning and our understanding of the search for truth (Did Leda & The Swan and An Irish Airman, though a few of my class did Among School Children). I'd be lucky to get a 10 at the most considering I had 30 minutes and didn't fully understand the question.

Mod A for Frankenstein/Blade Runner was perfect. Prepared essay was on ambition, so it was pretty good. I think we could have gotten away with 3rd person.

Mod C for Julius Caesar was brilliant!

Overall it was a fair paper, but I sense Mod B threw a lot of people.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Mod A - Talked about how Authority is related to power. Pretty happy with it - 17/18
Mod B - Slessor was pretty easy but i think i muddled up some of my wordings - 16/18
Mod C - Mulholland Drive worked so well with the 50th Gate and the question. - 17/18

Pretty happy with English as a whole tbh.
/18?

Bonita

HSC
N/A
For Mod B I interpreted 'Time and Place' as the context and used that as the basis of my argument, could I do that or was that a wrong move? :/

RayRay

HSC
found mod A and B really random, i did text in time for gatstby and barrett browning and speeches for B which made it alil difficult for me ):
i still managed to answer them alright, but i dont think they were as great as i hoped to hahha
ohwells. mod C was good :)
defs, band 6. aahah.

Last edited:

RayRay

HSC
Mod A: Donne/wit 15/20
Mod B: Speeches 18/20
Mod C: Caesar 19/20

Kowther

HSC
Paper 2 was heaps good, although didn't get to finish Richard and I kind of just bullshitted H&M. Jane Eyre was heaps easy to write about though

lolwot

HSC
hopefully:
modA 17/20
modB 12+/20 (lol)
modC 17/20

c-clumsy

HSC
Mod A (Gatsby and EBB): couldn't be happier with the question, but I may have neglected the 'appreciation' aspect of it because I didn't use first person. Although I've been told my style is very personal even when it's in third person??? So I may have JUST gotten away with it

Mod B (A Doll's House): It took me a moment to get my head around the question, like to recover from the shock of 'time and place'. I just went in with the material I had, twisting it as much as possible to the question.

Mod C (Caesar): THIS WAS PERFECT TBH LOL

BDC-96

HSC
I used the Danish Court as place and Hamlet's hamartia, the soliloquies and the five-act structure for time. I also included a paragraph at the end of corruption in the form of immorality of women at the end. I think i was on the right track, but I know a lot of people struggled.

My preprepared essay went out the door, and I think I repeated myself heaps– but I still think my response would have at least been 17-18/20
Exactly where I headed - there was a lot to do if you used place and time as springboards for corruption. Also talked about the use of time in the action v inaction delay, including the "to be or not to be" soliloquy and the general 'topos' of Tempas Edax' (time devours).

Module C was a god-send (Justice Game) and provided me a great opportunity to rip on Robertson.
Module A was not ideal but the idea of ambition (F/B) was able to fit well with what I was confident with, being the interplay between creator and creation.

Overall the BOS did not punish us this year, both papers were straightforward and manageable.
GG HSC english

CM07

HSC
Passion for Gatsby/Browning was not nice - I just talked about their respective passion of yearning for intrinsic love.

Hamlet's bloody place and time was not nice - I talked about place within the play and attempted some context with time as I tried to twist corruption.

Fiftieth gate's manipulation was not nice either - The question wasn't hard however I didn't study enough but I was pleased they only asked for one related.

Overall, not a nice exam. My preprepared responses did not get me very far so I made most of it up on the spot.

Probably 16/20 for all.

hayleyemma96

HSC
I did exactly this first half.. But somehow completely missed talking about the responder's APPRECIATION. How many marks have I lost D: also wrote all in third person #fek #yolo
Don't worry. A lot of people from what I can gather, wrote in 3rd person but said "the responder/audience _____" so it should be fine because the responder/audience is you so it can be interpreted as your response.

Hayley :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)