Frankenstein/Blade Runner Essay (1 Viewer)

emily_s

HSC
you had to talk about context, BR + Frankenstein's context is the emphasis in the module, so you should be okay. Would have been more ideal to mention the ambition of Tyrell and Victor and compare those.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
WAS IT NECESSARY TO WRITE IN FIRST PERSON OMG because I just said "one's insight onksjafdajfsjbdfkj can be shaped by a comparative study of these texts"
It should be fine. I think if you wrote about the audience and mentioned one or two "my" or "I" then you should be fine. I think its only one mark though.

HSC
you had to talk about context, BR + Frankenstein's context is the emphasis in the module, so you should be okay. Would have been more ideal to mention the ambition of Tyrell and Victor and compare those.
I talked about the ambitions of:

> Shelley/Scott
> Victor/Tyrell
> Creature/Roy (I said The Creature's ambition was to get a partner, but then his ambition became to destroy Victor's life...I just bullshitted that part, I don't even know why I said that)

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
I talked about the ambitions of:

> Shelley/Scott
> Victor/Tyrell
> Creature/Roy (I said The Creature's ambition was to get a partner, but then his ambition became to destroy Victor's life...I just bullshitted that part, I don't even know why I said that)
I think you nailed it by extending the concept of ambition to the authors too. Not many people in the state would have thought to do that, imo. Well done.

HSC
I think you nailed it by extending the concept of ambition to the authors too. Not many people in the state would have thought to do that, imo. Well done.
Bro, you're words are such a confidence-booster...thanks.

I had been feeling so bad about my exam...

(Whenever anyone says "you nailed it", it just boosts my confidence)

coreyman210_

HSC
I wrote about how though both Tyrell and Frankenstein were both analogous 'creator' characters, Frankenstein's ambition was to gain scientific knowledge (and how that stemmed from his context), whereas Tyrell's was solely for monetary gain (and how that stemmed from his context), and compared the two...
Any good?

Bubblegum77

HSC
Okay, I've been really stressing after this essay because while I know that I answered the question and talked about ambition I used synonyms but not the actual word 'ambition' but the question was answered and the idea of ambition was there. So I'm just wondering if not using the word will end up setting me back a large amount of marks or not. Like I could still pass that essay right? I've been stressing so much because I rushed it trying to have time for all essays and I ended up screwing it up!

HSC
@coreyman210_
That was just two of my paragraphs...that was my problem! I felt like that's what the question asked, but I also felt it wasn't enough > hence my OP

@Bubblegum77
Ever since I got told off by my teacher for not using the question in my essays...I always use the words of the question as obviously as I can...not giving a crap about how bad it looks.
Today, I wrote the word ambition, on average, every 2-3 sentences...no exaggeration

coreyman210_

HSC
@coreyman210_
That was just two of my paragraphs...that was my problem! I felt like that's what the question asked, but I also felt it wasn't enough > hence my OP
Awesomesauce. Thanks!! If you did that and more (I got a decent 6 pages out of it), I'm sure you killed it!

HSC
@MrHippopotamus yeah that was the same with my teacher but I just spent so much time on just making sure I had all my quotes and everything that I completely overlooked that and now I'm worried that it's gonna ruin my HSC. Like would it be detrimental to my mark and could I fail that essay even if I answered the question and just used words that meant the same as ambition?
I don't reckon you would FAIL the essay....I dunno what it'll do....I was just so freaked out because of my teacher, all I did in my essays today was keep using the words of the question...even when I had no idea what I was writing (because in the trials, I got 15/20 in an essay that I felt I had aced, so this time I made sure I didn't do it)

BUT! I dont think it'll hurt your essay too much....if you used synonyms and 'ambition' a couple of times, I reckon you'll be good (I would always forget the question totally before)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
WAS IT NECESSARY TO WRITE IN FIRST PERSON OMG because I just said "one's insight onksjafdajfsjbdfkj can be shaped by a comparative study of these texts"
It's never necessary to write an essay in first person. You can give a personalised response in third person.

Bubblegum77

HSC
Okay thanks. I know before I wouldn't use the exact words from the question but would answer it and get a good mark for it. But because this is the HSC I just want to know that it won't make me fail the essay entirely. Because I know that I answered the question. Thankyou, I tend to stress over everything so sorry to bug you.

HSC
Okay thanks. I know before I wouldn't use the exact words from the question but would answer it and get a good mark for it. But because this is the HSC I just want to know that it won't make me fail the essay entirely. Because I know that I answered the question. Thankyou, I tend to stress over everything so sorry to bug you.
It was very difficult (IMO) to FAIL an essay....

In my trials, I wrote 2.5 paragraphs and got5 12/20....my friend wrote ONE PARAGRAPH! he got 10/20....and he does standard!

Point: You are NOT going to fail. Go to bed. Actually, don't-study for MATHS (if that's your next exam)...

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
It was very difficult (IMO) to FAIL an essay....

In my trials, I wrote 2.5 paragraphs and got5 12/20....my friend wrote ONE PARAGRAPH! he got 10/20....and he does standard!

Point: You are NOT going to fail. Go to bed. Actually, don't-study for MATHS (if that's your next exam)...
Maybe both of you are just very talented. :)

Bubblegum77

HSC
Ok. That puts me at ease a little. Thanks :) and aha nah it's not I dropped that.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
In my trials I wrote about 4 pages, answered the question, and still managed to fail speeches. Although the average for that essay was about 12/20.

Also, stop with the propoganda. Sneaky.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)