Does anyone else feel they've stuffed up HSC? (1 Viewer)

ahranee96

HSC
I feel like I've done all this hard core studying and then when I look over my exams after I've finished them, I'm counting at least 20 marks off for every single paper.

I do English, English Ext, Mathematics, Maths Ext, Chem, Bio, IPT

Haven't done the last two. What is the atar approximation for getting 90 - band 6, just, for english advanced, maths, chem, bio and ipt do you think? Is it possible to get 97? My internals were good. And school is in 20-25 ranked.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Yeah i feel like i stuffed up my eco exam, not because i don't understand the content but because i misinterpreted the question...

Look at the raw mark database, you will find for your subjects you only need 80's to get a b6 (depends on the subject). I think chem is in the 70 range, so if your mark is around that your moderated hsc mark should be 90 +

To get an atar estimate play around with the atar calculator on matrix, do remember though that these are base on HSC aligned marks, not your actual raw marks.

Saraneth

HSC
A bit. I'm doing Chem, Bio, Physics, Mathematics, and Advanced English. I gave up at least 40 marks in mathematics, and I got about 12/20 for the chem multichoice yesterday...

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Felt like I stuffed up Maths, in which a B4 will drag down my ATAR heaps as I'm either high B5 or B6 for everything else.

I feel like any B5s in my subjects other than Maths will be a failure lol

lolwot

HSC
community.boredofstudies.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=26681 I think ipt b6 is like 82

and yes if you smash these exams i reckon you got a shot at it, your school rank will help also. how were you ranked in these subjects?

Yeah i feel like i stuffed up my eco exam, not because i don't understand the content but because i misinterpreted the question...

Look at the raw mark database, you will find for your subjects you only need 80's to get a b6 (depends on the subject). I think chem is in the 70 range, so if your mark is around that your moderated hsc mark should be 90 +

To get an atar estimate play around with the atar calculator on matrix, do remember though that these are base on HSC aligned marks, not your actual raw marks.
for eco what question? the essays?

Last edited:

fionarykim

HSC
Ahh english was okay for me
but i feel like i fked over my atar because, i legit spent my entire 2 week holiday on math
3u and 4u, and then i fk up the test
and i prob wont even E4 anymore, so like wtf was all that for ==

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
community.boredofstudies.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=26681 I think ipt b6 is like 82

and yes if you smash these exams i reckon you got a shot at it, your school rank will help also. how were you ranked in these subjects?

for eco what question? the essays?
First short answer question.... fml. I went straight into it talking about economic growth, employment etc and only realising i had to talk about externalities after i had walked out.

Generally, i performed way better in trials. Even though the essays were similar to trials, i came out of the hsc realising i forgot all these concepts that in included in trials, so it's kinda disappointing seeing as i know it all.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Ahh english was okay for me
but i feel like i fked over my atar because, i legit spent my entire 2 week holiday on math
3u and 4u, and then i fk up the test
and i prob wont even E4 anymore, so like wtf was all that for ==
Exact same as me, didn't do a thing for any other subject, only spent 2 days of holidays on english. #YOLO #obeythemathsgods. Except I'm probs gonna get E4 in 3u. Dw brah, a raw 50-60 in 4u aligns to a 75-85, which scales to a 95-97 atar.

the_one_1

HSC
Me... Massively

General Maths... Gone

Software... Meh

Food Tech. ... Actually not that bad.

RE... Don't want to talk about it... (don't care)

IPT... Still need to complete :(

blinx96

HSC
looks like I'm not the only one who feels like they've stuffed up !!!
yesterday for chem i reckon i got raw 68 (minimum) and max raw of 75
for 2 unit and english, i reckon i got raw 79 at least (well 77-79 raw for english, but maths was defs 79 min 82 max)
you guys might be thinking this is good... but with my trial marks, i was headed for an ATAR of 95+
now I've kissed that goodbye and I'm now headed for an ATAR around 91 (put in so much effort for 2 years but that got fked over)
and i just have physics and biology left (i did 3 unit but that didnt count for me coz i cbf studying for it lol.... no time to)
but end of the day i want an ATAR above 90 (95+ would've been nice so i could've bragged bout it lol jks :D )
btw i was ranked 1 in all subjects except for 3 unit (which idgaf) and advanced english

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
looks like I'm not the only one who feels like they've stuffed up !!!
yesterday for chem i reckon i got raw 68 (minimum) and max raw of 75
for 2 unit and english, i reckon i got raw 79 at least (well 77-79 raw for english, but maths was defs 79 min 82 max)
you guys might be thinking this is good... but with my trial marks, i was headed for an ATAR of 95+
now I've kissed that goodbye and I'm now headed for an ATAR around 91 (put in so much effort for 2 years but that got fked over)
and i just have physics and biology left (i did 3 unit but that didnt count for me coz i cbf studying for it lol.... no time to)
but end of the day i want an ATAR above 90 (95+ would've been nice so i could've bragged bout it lol jks :D )
btw i was ranked 1 in all subjects except for 3 unit (which idgaf) and advanced english
That is close to a b6 though?

Lina3

HSC
Hmm don't feel like I've had the best HSC campaign. I was hoping for a b6/e4 for all subjects except for maths, where I was aiming for a band 5 but now that just seems way too far fetched. By far, my two worst mistakes were misinterpreting the belonging question in English paper 1 and missing out a crucial piece of evidence in one of my essays for Ancient. Maths was pretty bitchy, so will be lucky if I even scrape band 4 :/ With pretty much all my exams, I was initially like "I think I did ok" but then I think back on it and always feel like I could have done better or added stuff that I didn't think of at the time. So sad that I feel this was after working so hard :(

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Hmm don't feel like I've had the best HSC campaign. I was hoping for a b6/e4 for all subjects except for maths, where I was aiming for a band 5 but now that just seems way too far fetched. By far, my two worst mistakes were misinterpreting the belonging question in English paper 1 and missing out a crucial piece of evidence in one of my essays for Ancient. Maths was pretty bitchy, so will be lucky if I even scrape band 4 :/ With pretty much all my exams, I was initially like "I think I did ok" but then I think back on it and always feel like I could have done better or added stuff that I didn't think of at the time. So sad that I feel this was after working so hard :(
lol same here

inb4ObliviousNinjathinksI'llgetB3

Lectione

HSC
Your frustration is understandable. Unfortunately we have an education system that measures our ability to succeed at university based on ranking our memory with the rest of the state. Everything happens for a reason, so don't stress about it too much. The fact is, we've all felt like we could've done better, and anyone who denies that, is arrogant or has limited knowledge about the topic anyway. The HSC markers know you're 17/18, not a master of maths, religion, English or whatever applicable.

vtx

HSC
N/A
Fucked up 4U maths... hopping for at least a B6.
99.90 is almost impossible now. Unless I get like 95 raw mark in physics tomorrow.
Fucking hate my stupid maths teacher, made me hate maths so much :(

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Fucked up 4U maths... hopping for at least a B6.
99.90 is almost impossible now. Unless I get like 95 raw mark in physics tomorrow.
Fucking hate my stupid maths teacher, made me hate maths so much :(
how bad...coz even raw 50 is equal to like 93 atar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)