Quick Projectile Question? (1 Viewer)

Zokunu

HSC
A ball was initally thrown horizontally and landed 15s at an angle of 15 degrees. Find the:

a) Initial Velocity
b) FINAL Horizontal Velocity
c) FINAL Vertical Velocity
d) Displacement.

Last edited:

Zokunu

HSC
Bump...I know this is abit late, but apparently, the answer to the FINAL vertical velocity and displacement is completely wrong. Can someone please help me out?

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
It doesnt say if angle is 15 degrees to horiz or vertical. Previous working assumed horiz, perhaps it is to vertical, such that Vx = 147Tan15

Zokunu

HSC
It doesnt say if angle is 15 degrees to horiz or vertical. Previous working assumed horiz, perhaps it is to vertical, such that Vx = 147Tan15
w8 no, i don't think so.... a and b (Vx =548.6) is completely right. The problem is C and D is just....wrong.

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
Isn't it safe to assume that the angle specified to the horizontal unless stated otherwise? Only because HSC questions generally say something like "Fired at an angle of x degrees" when referring to the horizontal angle, and has very similar wording to OP's question.

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
w8 no, i don't think so.... a and b (Vx =548.6) is completely right. The problem is C and D is just....wrong.
What do you have as the answers for iii) and iv)? I'm not certain about part iv) because the question is quite vague, but I'm fairly sure my working for iii) is correct.

Zokunu

HSC
What do you have as the answers for iii) and iv)? I'm not certain about part iv) because the question is quite vague, but I'm fairly sure my working for iii) is correct.
oh SOZ , iii) is correct. Question 4 is completely wrong but....my bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)