• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Why UTS Business? (2 Viewers)

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
UTS Business has always been considered one of Australia's top business schools. It's why we are among only one per cent elite business schools in the world accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). And why we have been top ranked by the Australian government Learning and Teaching Performance Fund for the last six years. The slogan at UTS business is forward thinking work ready. We believe that creativity plus thinking equals courage. Unlike many other business schools , UTS Business school lets you choose your majors in your second year of study so you can get a taste for all aspects of business in your first year and then decide what area you would like to pursue for a career.

Shirley Dong (Bachelor of Business, Bachelor of Laws) model student at UTS Business says:
"UTS is a cultural melting pot. I've met so many inspirational and unique students- personalities such as the Australian youth Ambassador to the United Nations.

I knew that UTS Business was the ideal university after attending UTS Open Day. Everyone at UTS was intelligent yet approachable. There is a real sense of camaraderie here. Being surrounded by capable and engaging peers, and learning from world leading academics has enriched my experience and helped me excel."

Check out the Bachelor of Business handbook which describes the subjects for the degree, the majors and the assessment components for the subjects.
http://www.handbook.uts.edu.au/courses/c10026.html

Last edited:

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
In what ways is the UTS business school better than ASB?

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
UTS is a top one per cent business school in the world.

UTS Law is a top one per cent law school in the world.
Sources?

RishBonjour

HSC
UTS Business has always been considered one of Australia's top business schools. It's why we are among only one per cent elite business schools in the world accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). And why we have been top ranked by the Australian government Learning and Teaching Performance Fund for the last six years. The slogan at UTS business is forward thinking work ready. We believe that creativity plus thinking equals courage. Unlike many other business schools , UTS Business school lets you choose your majors in your second year of study so you can get a taste for all aspects of business in your first year and then decide what area you would like to pursue for a career.

Shirley Dong (Bachelor of Business, Bachelor of Laws) model student at UTS Business says:
"UTS is a cultural melting pot. I've met so many inspirational and unique students- personalities such as the Australian youth Ambassador to the United Nations.

I knew that UTS Business was the ideal university after attending UTS Open Day. Everyone at UTS was intelligent yet approachable. There is a real sense of camaraderie here. Being surrounded by capable and engaging peers, and learning from world leading academics has enriched my experience and helped me excel."

Check out the Bachelor of Business handbook which describes the subjects for the degree, the majors and the assessment components for the subjects.
http://www.handbook.uts.edu.au/courses/c10026.html

Clearly troll. Average mark of 50.3? in Commerce? are you fucking stupid?

my opinions of ranking of business schools in sydney.
1. unsw
2. uts
3. maquarie
4. usyd
Couldn't agree more. USYD is so theory based. It doesn't have tutorials or any practical assessments (srs). All students read textbooks from the 1960s in the ancient Merewether building. Everyone is also socially inept and hence perform terribly during interviews. It still runs on its prestige. Oh fuck, such a shit uni for commerce.

Last edited:

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Clearly troll. Average mark of 50.3? in Commerce? are you fucking stupid?

Couldn't agree more. USYD is so theory based. It doesn't have tutorials or any practical assessments (srs). All students read textbooks from the 1960s in the ancient Merewether building. Everyone is also socially inept and hence perform terribly during interviews. It still runs on its prestige. Oh fuck, such a shit uni for commerce.
wottt, legit?

Why don't you just transfer? With your atar it wouldn't be hard?

RishBonjour

HSC
wottt, legit?

Why don't you just transfer? With your atar it wouldn't be hard?
haha I was being sarcastic man - just stuff I read on BOS before making my decision last year - completely wrong. USYD commerce is solid! (Don't feel the need to advertise the Business School and unintentionally come across as a dick- so no explanations on forums)

my opinions of ranking of business schools in sydney.
1. unsw
2. uts
3. maquarie
4. usyd
Please explain this.

Last edited:

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
haha I was being sarcastic man - just stuff I read on BOS before making my decision last year - completely wrong. USYD commerce is solid! (Don't feel the need to advertise the Business School and unintentionally come across as a dick- so no explanations on forums)
i got gg'd lol

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
In what ways is the UTS business school better than ASB?
It's not. There is legitimately no reason to pick UTS Business as a better business school than ASB, however, there are other reasons to pick UTS Business (stuff like transport, the fact UTS Business isn't technically shit tier, UTS Business has undoubtedly strong industry networks) which are more reasons that lead you to comfortably settle with UTS Business imho (as a UTS Bus/Law student). In general a Business/Commerce degree is unlikely to be difficult or too different ANYWHERE you go (it's not exactly a degree known for its difficulty...), but the ASB has better funding and more diversity in its industry networks which makes it more worthwhile. Comparing teachers would be a useless exercise since most uni teachers are good at what they do and there will be poor teachers in both universities, just as there will be great teachers in both, and in any event, I haven't found a subject (or heard of one) legitimately too hard not to be learnt on your own anyway.

lol those papers aren't hard plugin to formulas
Just putting it out there... UTS Business exams always feel like a joke (or at least they have been so far for me). Assignments are sometimes quite difficult, but exams are infuriatingly easy since they never feel like they are trying to test you to the full extent of your knowledge/understanding. I don't mean to sound like I'm putting UTS down, but as a loyal UTS student, I find this to be one of the most annoying parts of the uni.

He's the foremost sage of our era. I think you can just trust him.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Just putting it out there... UTS Business exams always feel like a joke (or at least they have been so far for me). Assignments are sometimes quite difficult, but exams are infuriatingly easy since they never feel like they are trying to test you to the full extent of your knowledge/understanding. I don't mean to sound like I'm putting UTS down, but as a loyal UTS student, I find this to be one of the most annoying parts of the uni.
I've found business exams to be considerably easier than other exams, but those subjects still don't have low failure rates and after exams there are plenty of people on the fb pages finding papers with no surprises difficult. The feeling of exams not testing a wide range of knowledge/understanding i've definitely only found with Business exams. (as part of my other course I have done subjects coordinated by the Engineering, IT and Science faculty)

I've heard the difficulty ramps up in later years compared to first year business though.

will_

HSC
Uni Grad

Please explain this.
source is the general concesus amongst students across the 4 unis in terms of their own satisfaction while studying business at their respective unis

flashyGoldFish

HSC
N/A
In short my answer to the OP. Why UTS Business? When you cant get in to Commerce in USYD or UNSW

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)