what to do during free periods. (1 Viewer)

williamdaft

HSC
I would finish my homework or most of it during my frees. If there's noisy people I would usually do maths as I can cope with it by using earphones and listen to some music. If it's quiet, I usually read notes in Economics or any humanities.

But then, it's tempting to go shopping with friends or a maccas run lol.

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
I would just watch youtube vids or whatever.If i really felt like i needed to, i would do some homework/study,but unless you get into a habit of doing it,you just can't be bothered. I wouldn't say I wasted them,because I think it made year 12 a bit more enjoyable then I imagined, many times talking with my friends or playing soccer/getting lunch. But I wasn't aiming hardcore, so meh,i could afford it.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
First term or two - study
Then on - procrastinate/scholarship applications/whine about how over the HSC you are to each other

I shit you not you start fantasizing about outside life in those last 2 or 3 terms

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
First term or two - study
Then on - procrastinate/scholarship applications/whine about how over the HSC you are to each other

I shit you not you start fantasizing about outside life in those last 2 or 3 terms
This is generally done on maccas runs.

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
Our school banned us from leaving the school grounds during our frees :(
Lol. Technically our school did the same thing, but the only the principal ever enforced it. We had some pretty rare times chilling with teachers while getting a maccas feed haha.

HSC
Lol. Technically our school did the same thing, but the only the principal ever enforced it. We had some pretty rare times chilling with teachers while getting a maccas feed haha.
Likewise here hahaha..

We went on coffee runs during our frees which helped us survive the rest of the day because we started at 7:30 each morning and I am not the early morning type of person.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
We spent a lot of class time chilling with teachers, except in year 12.

enoilgam

HSC
Tbh I think too many people fall for the whole "X hours equates to Y ATAR". You should be putting in as much effort as you can to obtain the highest ATAR possible to ensure you get into your course. You don't want to take a shortcut by doing the least amount of study that you think will still get you an ATAR of 85, and then come up short. Study for as much as you can to make sure you get over your desired ATAR.
I definitely agree with this - a lot of people think the ATAR works like a vending machine where a certain amount of study will buy you a certain ATAR. Education doesnt work that way as there are a lot of factors which come into play.

How you use free periods depend on your strategy. I just used to treat them like I did study at home, so I just used them to finish whatever was on my list at that time (I usually selected work that could be completed without a laptop, which primarily meant maths HW/revision/study).

HSC
Usually I plan what I do beforehand, like the night before. It could be notes for subjects, reading for topics, maths work or assignments.

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
I did maths homework. I think everyone is saying maths homework (not any other homework) because for me, it's something you can do well without having to *settle in* if you get what I mean. You can pretty much do maths problems anywhere.

But when I did my maths homework at home, I would spend me frees reading my own books (not textbooks but actual fiction).

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
how much study and marks are estimated for internals to ensure min 85 atar?
"Study SMART not hard."

I like this phrase but you do still have to study hard and put in the effort in order to reap the rewards.

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Go to the library and do maths

Get my friends to go and buy me food from the shops

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Chill and talk with friends~~

All depends.

Some days I'd type up business/eco notes and english essays, other days I'd do maths exercises/tutor homework for maths and sometimes, I'd do nothing (i.e. sleep or talk with friends).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)