Year 11 2014 Chat :) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

roonneyge

HSC
I'm probably going to buy Cambridge 3 unit as well as sadly my school uses jones and couchman which isn't exactly fantastic.
I think for other subjects I probably wont need a prelim textbook but I suppose that might change depending how crap the schools provided textbooks turn out to be.

grace_26

HSC
haha that's cute
most exciting thing about starting year 11 was buying stationery. if you do maths, you'll need the extra exercise books (unless you don't do your homework lol)
Yeah buying stuff for school is my favourite part of the year, I feel so ready for school once I've got all my stuff

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
How much was it? Not too sure if I should buy textbooks, since it's just Year 11 :/
Dot point legal preliminary is $44.95 from Dymocks. I got mine from some Asian store in Carlingford for $5 (BEST FIND EVER :D) But regardless of the price, I still think that it is a FABULOUS book that will help build up your understanding as it is based off the syllabus dot points (hence the name): it has notes and answers to help you learn independently and IMO it will build a solid foundation for you as you take on the HSC course.

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
How much was it? Not too sure if I should buy textbooks, since it's just Year 11 :/
TBH you shouldn't buy textbooks, since the school provides you with them. However, IMO you should buy work books that test your knowledge (i.e. DOT POINT) it will definitely help you pre-exams especially if you can't get hold of past papers. Buying text books is kind of a waste, unless your school has poor resources: besides you can always choose to borrow it from a local library or your school's library.

MzRobinHood97

HSC
AHHAH that's my fav part too.. It gets me motivated.. sorry for just butting in btw :) Im just excited to be in Year 11 finally :)

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC
Is anyone planning on just bringing loose leaf paper in a folder?

lightthefuze

HSC
Is anyone planning on just bringing loose leaf paper in a folder?

I thought of that too! My bag weighs a tonne with my laptop and books. I thought if I could just bring 46~ page books for each topic (SO MUCH LIGHTER) and then summarise class notes onto loose leaf. Or just bring loose leafs to school and use dividers within the binder and not summarise??? I am very confused at the moment.

Sent from my RM-825_apac_australia_new_zealand_278 using Tapatalk

lightthefuze

HSC
Dot point legal preliminary is $44.95 from Dymocks. I got mine from some Asian store in Carlingford for $5 (BEST FIND EVER :D)

Where is this Asian store that you speak of? Never been to Carlingford, near the train station? Is it like a bookshop?

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
Where is this Asian store that you speak of? Never been to Carlingford, near the train station? Is it like a bookshop?

It's actually Eastwood sorry! But it's in a shopping complex that's quite near the station: it's like a bargain store that sells miscellaneous stuff but the book section is fab!

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Well if anyone cares, I'm not bringing loose leaf ahah I find it easier to just bring exercise books for each class :)

exkili

HSC
Good luck, everyone!

Since I can't make a signature yet, I'm doing Extension Maths, Extension English, Economics, Modern History and Biology. I'm going to try and take up Extension 2 English in Year 12 but if I suck too much I'll probably just end up doing Extension Modern :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)