Year 11 2014 Chat :) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

roonneyge

HSC
So excited to be part of a great group of BOSers this year, we'll all see each other grow and develop over the next two years! (how cute) Good luck to all and may these final years of high school be prosperous, healthy and happy

Thanks I hope so too

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
Thank you to everyone for their help!! I'm pretty useless at these things aha:) I really want to prepare for year 11 in the holidays but I don't know what to do and I feel so guilty D:
Same, I'm just so nervous. haha. Just studying for maths and buying work books has made me feel a little better about this year.

evasharman

HSC
I've just been trying to read a lot of different books for English, like the ones that all the other year 10 classes read this year that I didn't study. Apart from that I've just been relaxing ^_^ No need to stress before it all begins !!

lightthefuze

HSC
What is everyone doing as prep for this year?

Trying to get as much rest as possible, I wake up at 6am every morning for school! And trying to get into "that mindset" (probably a week before school starts). Stationery shopping is the most exciting prep of all! Overall, this is the last six week holidays that I will have stress free in a while.

Sent from my RM-825_apac_australia_new_zealand_278 using Tapatalk

lightthefuze

HSC
More like go into total meltdown due to massive fear and terror:evilfire:

HAHAH! Nah, just remember it's just Year 11. But it doesn't mean slacking off work and assignments! I'd say putting in a considerable amount of effort for each term, and then getting A LOT of rest during the six week holidays so the chances of burning out, sleep deprivation, illness, mental blank and depression will decrease significantly. #deep

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
I'm so excited to have created this thread because I can't wait to get to know you all! Plus it's nice to know that other people will be freaking out with you ahaha

lightthefuze

HSC
So true and once you have bought boundless amounts of it you get to DECORATE it.

I just wish it could always stay this way.....

I decided to slack off decorating my exercise books after Year 7! I switched to spiral in years 8 & 9, and then propylene covered exercise books in Year 10! Loved the variety of colours, apparently Marbig discontinued the line, but Officeworks has picked it up with their StudyMate line of books and stationery *phew* I'll be either sticking with PP covered books or loose leaf this year and next year.

lightthefuze

HSC
I'm so excited to have created this thread because I can't wait to get to know you all! Plus it's nice to know that other people will be freaking out with you ahaha

Likewise! We should all report back after our first day of classes, thoughts? It'd be interesting though...

ivorybranches

HSC
Oh, for those of you that are doing English Extension, are you buying two books (one for Eng. Adv, and one for Eng. Ext), or just one that covers english completely. For my school, we're getting one of the lazier teachers, :uhoh: and I don't think there will be that much writing down as opposed to handouts and class discussions?

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
Bought work books for this year. The dot point legal studies preliminary book is great! So is Tim Riley's economics preliminary work book. I really recommend them to all of you as they are written exam style and are pretty thorough in content !! Defs will come back to this thread after say the first few days of school, what date do you guys return. I think I go back on the 29th jan.

lightthefuze

HSC
Bought work books for this year. The dot point legal studies preliminary book is great! So is Tim Riley's economics preliminary work book. I really recommend them to all of you as they are written exam style and are pretty thorough in content !! Defs will come back to this thread after say the first few days of school, what date do you guys return. I think I go back on the 29th jan.

How much was it? Not too sure if I should buy textbooks, since it's just Year 11 :/

J280

HSC
Well I bought Cambridge 3u since my school uses MiF :p

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
I bought an Excel for 3unit math right now but that's about it so far hehe
And yes everyone should report back after their first couple of days !

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Oh, for those of you that are doing English Extension, are you buying two books (one for Eng. Adv, and one for Eng. Ext), or just one that covers english completely. For my school, we're getting one of the lazier teachers, :uhoh: and I don't think there will be that much writing down as opposed to handouts and class discussions?
I'm buying to separate books because personally i get disorganized if I put two classes within one book, even if your teacher is a slacker get two thin books. It will definitely help to keep you more organized!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)