Out of these three subjects, which is the most difficult? (1 Viewer)

Bumbletiger

HSC
I do both legal and eco & have to admit eco is a harder...Eco is my best subject but just in general wrapping your head around concepts can take time, which is why time needs to be invested into it.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
I did all three at one point. I found Eco harder but that was because the math scared me a little. I found modern & legal easier because I enjoyed writing essays. I also thorough enjoy history and social sciences because they interconnect which I like.

Edit: I wish I stuck it out in Eco because now that I look back the math isn't even that bad... The prelim course wasn't even hard, I was coming 4th. I just got caught up in the stresses of the HSC. I really overthought it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SuchSmallHands

HSC
I do legal and modern and I have to say that modern is about a million times more intensive than legal is. There is loads more content and the content that you learn in more complex, diverse and controversial. Legal isn't very difficult at all, mostly common sense and rather simple concepts.

williamdaft

HSC
1. Economics by a mile...
2. Modern History
3. Legal Studies (much simpler concepts like business studies.. I regret choosing Eco over Legal)

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Economics definitely. Eco revision takes a long long long time! Be prepared to put in more hours than you would for an easier subject because there's SO much theory to memorise + Statistics + Current Affairs + Calculations + Diagrams. But it's a very rewarding and fun subject!

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I think a more prominent question you should be asking is which of these three subjects do you find the most difficult and actively seek for strategies to overcome these difficulties to ensure you can ace the exams:)

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
1. Modern
2. Eco
3. Legal

As the latter two can easily be rote learnt.

enoilgam

HSC
As people have said, difficulty is pretty subjective. Having done all three, this is how I would rank them:

1) Economics
2) Modern History
3) Legal Studies

Economics and Modern are close in terms of difficulty - I found Modern easier because we did mostly WW2 topics and I have been a WW2 buff since primary school, so I knew more and enjoyed it more (hence making it easier). However, I could see how some people may find Modern harder. Legal Studies isnt even close to the other two in terms of difficulty - I had to put in much more effort into Modern and Economics. From the looks of things, Legal has become even easier as a result of the syllabus change - it's now become an easier subject to rote learn (you can essentially not bother studying certain aspects of the course because they literally wont be tested).

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I did all three at one point. I found Eco harder but that was because the math scared me a little.
There's no Math in eco. I used to get bored and make up random graphs using calculus but that is not part of the syllabus!!!

There could be Math in eco, but its the same story as with Physics. The course is subjective to students who have no knowledge of Maths after year 10.

williamdaft

HSC
There's no Math in eco. I used to get bored and make up random graphs using calculus but that is not part of the syllabus!!!

There could be Math in eco, but its the same story as with Physics. The course is subjective to students who have no knowledge of Maths after year 10.
Well actually there was a bit of maths in Eco..

Simple fractions :p simple graphs, Keynesian X, income, d&s , multiplier effect etc..

Dat hard maff haha

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

Simple fractions :p simple graphs, Keynesian X, income, d&s , multiplier effect etc..

Dat hard maff haha
It was stuff like:

And a few graphs. Seriously you could do the math work in HSC Eco with year 9 math knowledge.

Come to uni and its a completely different story (for some odd reason I have a 3rd year Eco textbook at home and its filled with Calculus and stuff).

williamdaft

HSC
It was stuff like:

And a few graphs. Seriously you could do the math work in HSC Eco with year 9 math knowledge.

Come to uni and its a completely different story (for some odd reason I have a 3rd year Eco textbook at home and its filled with Calculus and stuff).
Yeah, uni would be on another level! Looking forward to some serious maff in my Econ units..

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC

Dat hard maff haha

Yeah... Guys I had bad experiences with math in year 10.

I'm scared of numbers.

Hoping accounting doesn't fuck me over.

dim-sims

HSC
I currently do all three and I'd probably say economics is by far the more difficult one (and the one I go worse in out of the three). There's just so so so much to wrap your head around and there's not much room for bullshitting. Nevertheless, I do enjoy doing it.

Personally I find modern and legal equal in terms of difficulty. Legal is probably a little bit more interesting though.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)