Will not be getting UNSW student ID card in 5 weeks... (1 Viewer)

HeroicPandas

Heroic!
HSC
My birth certificate is getting fixed and will be taking 5 weeks - this is my main form of identification. Till then, I will not be able to get my driver's license.

What will happen to me?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Uhh you can't borrow from the library, nor print at uni using the normal student printing system, and... yeah.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Is that it?

WIll lecturers asks for identification when entering buildings?
No, but probably don't stay too late at uni or security guards might ask - never happened to me, but apparently they have that power.

Also if you are disruptive in a lecture, a lecturer may ask for your student card - happened in one class in first year, never since.

Also oh important one! You need to bring your driver's licence to any exams so the examiner can check identification.

HeroicPandas

Heroic!
HSC
No, but probably don't stay too late at uni or security guards might ask - never happened to me, but apparently they have that power.

Also if you are disruptive in a lecture, a lecturer may ask for your student card - happened in one class in first year, never since.

Also oh important one! You need to bring your driver's licence to any exams so the examiner can check identification.
When do exams start? Around what week?

D94

HSC
N/A
Any in-class assessment/test does require you to have identification if the examiner asks you for it. Although most probably don't care, there are some who use your ID as a form of your attendance at the exam. I recall my first year Algebra tutor asking us to present our ID so he could mark the role during the class test.

Class tests can happen any time during the semester. I would say you would have at least one in-class assessment/test within the first 5 weeks.

Also, some buildings require you to have your ID since that is also an access pass, i.e. you have to scan your card on a wall panel. This is mainly for labs and some computer rooms. So if you don't have ID, make sure you know someone in that class, or get to the room early so someone can let you in (obviously, if that room requires you to scan your card).

HeroicPandas

Heroic!
HSC
Any in-class assessment/test does require you to have identification if the examiner asks you for it. Although most probably don't care, there are some who use your ID as a form of your attendance at the exam. I recall my first year Algebra tutor asking us to present our ID so he could mark the role during the class test.

Class tests can happen any time during the semester. I would say you would have at least one in-class assessment/test within the first 5 weeks.

Also, some buildings require you to have your ID since that is also an access pass, i.e. you have to scan your card on a wall panel. This is mainly for labs and some computer rooms. So if you don't have ID, make sure you know someone in that class, or get to the room early so someone can let you in (obviously, if that room requires you to scan your card).
What if I can't provide ID for exams?

What if I come late to labs?

HeroicPandas

Heroic!
HSC
"Students without any photo identification will be required to present themselves to the Examinations Team with appropriate photo identification before the end of the examination period"

I have my high school ID...

D94

HSC
N/A
What if I can't provide ID for exams?

What if I come late to labs?
Driver's licence, photo card (from RMS), passport.

Most labs don't require an access pass, but with say the Physics labs, you need to "trade" your ID for the lab equipment (but you are paired up, so I guess you will have to use the other person's ID).

Don't be late to labs. They can refuse you entry if you are late.

"Students without any photo identification will be required to present themselves to the Examinations Team with appropriate photo identification before the end of the examination period"

I have my high school ID...
Probably better if you have your driver's licence, photo card or passport.

Kittikhun

HSC
They won't accept your high school ID. I brought mine, and they didn't accept it, and I had to bring my passport the next day. I think anything with a photo of you and your signature should do though.

HeroicPandas

Heroic!
HSC
Driver's licence, photo card (from RMS), passport.

Most labs don't require an access pass, but with say the Physics labs, you need to "trade" your ID for the lab equipment (but you are paired up, so I guess you will have to use the other person's ID).

Don't be late to labs. They can refuse you entry if you are late.

Probably better if you have your driver's licence, photo card or passport.
They won't accept your high school ID. I brought mine, and they didn't accept it, and I had to bring my passport the next day. I think anything with a photo of you and your signature should do though.
Impossible at the moment. My birth certificate is undergoing a name change and this may take up to 5 weeks - I've made it urgent, so HOPEFULLY I will get it in a week

ifrit112

HSC
get some form of photo ID if possible.

If there are people in labs, just knock and they will open it for you. During the day it is mostly open anyway. Some computer labs have restricted access.

HeroicPandas

Heroic!
HSC
get some form of photo ID if possible.

If there are people in labs, just knock and they will open it for you. During the day it is mostly open anyway. Some computer labs have restricted access.
Thank you, that adds to the relief for labs :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)