Anyone in year 11 from a normal public school.. lol (1 Viewer)

tumtoom

HSC
First of all you need to calm down since I didn't insult anyone. And you may be right however from my experience and the schools around me, only about 2-4 people get an atar of 90+ from each cohort. Also I know they can have good students but the ratio of people who try and people who dont is probably 1:15. And saying that she is probably the top of her year is not an insult. Do you just try and start arguments in threads?
So I guess it is just the ego...

IM KIDDING don't kill me with your words!
Honestly I wasn't in need of 'calming down' I just felt like I had to defend pretty much where I come from.
I mean if you go to a public school and actually think like that, then you would be the worst selective school person... just saying
Also of course I'm right and either way it doesn't matter bout ratios or how many over 90+ atars there are coz so many people at my school try so hard and still receive less than 90... yeah, that proves your 'thinking' pretty wrong.

I just hope you realise to word what you mean carefully next time as you can so easily offend others... that's if you meant what you wrote in a different way like I hope you did.

Ps. Um no! I do not go around and start arguments... I'm actually really nice believe it or not
Just proud :)

tumtoom

HSC
This. And OP, if you were wondering, I'm from a private school.

What about me tumtoom? Do you consider me smart?
The way you expressed yourself on this thread did kinda imply you were being condescending to those who went to public schools.
My friend.. you MUST be smart considering your wise words ;)

turntaker

HSC
So I guess it is just the ego...

IM KIDDING don't kill me with your words!
Honestly I wasn't in need of 'calming down' I just felt like I had to defend pretty much where I come from.
I mean if you go to a public school and actually think like that, then you would be the worst selective school person... just saying
Also of course I'm right and either way it doesn't matter bout ratios or how many over 90+ atars there are coz so many people at my school try so hard and still receive less than 90... yeah, that proves your 'thinking' pretty wrong.

I just hope you realise to word what you mean carefully next time as you can so easily offend others... that's if you meant what you wrote in a different way like I hope you did.

Ps. Um no! I do not go around and start arguments... I'm actually really nice believe it or not
Just proud :)
Then why bother starting an argument when I was simple stating my opinion and my point of view.

Also I think like this from my experiences, your experiences might be different and you might have a different opinion about this matter. I am not saying public schools are bad and there are no smart people. In fact my school is really good for me and I have no problem with any students. I am saying that there aren't as many people that take their education seriously. I may be wrong, but from my experience this is my opinion. And what I don't like is SOME private and selective school students think that every public school student is a drop out or something. Again not stereotyping or saying that all do. Please read this carefully before replying that I am stereotyping when I am saying this from my experience.
I noticed this when I debated with a semi-selective school. Their debating teacher and all the debaters behaved as if they were better than us. We won even though we were in year 10 and they were in year 12.
And believe me I do not have a big ego and I never judge anyone for who they are. I am just stating facts based from my experience. And If you think that I am dissing public schools please think again since I go to a public school as well and by insulting public schools I will also insult myself. Maybe I did not word my response correctly however this is what I believe.

Last edited:

turntaker

HSC
Happy International Women's Day to all the women on here :D

tumtoom

HSC
Then why bother starting an argument when I was simple stating my opinion and my point of view.

Also I think like this from my experiences, your experiences might be different and you might have a different opinion about this matter. I am not saying public schools are bad and there are no smart people. In fact my school is really good for me and I have no problem with any students. I am saying that there aren't as many people that take their education seriously. I may be wrong, but from my experience this is my opinion. And what I don't like is SOME private and selective school students think that every public school student is a drop out or something. Again not stereotyping or saying that all do. Please read this carefully before replying that I am stereotyping when I am saying this from my experience.
I noticed this when I debated with a semi-selective school. Their debating teacher and all the debaters behaved as if they were better than us. We won even though we were in year 10 and they were in year 12.
And believe me I do not have a big ego and I never judge anyone for who they are. I am just stating facts based from my experience. And If you think that I am dissing public schools please think again since I go to a public school as well and by insulting public schools I will also insult myself. Maybe I did not word my response correctly however this is what I believe.
ok

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC

Haha omg those semi selective school

GabbyS

HSC
I go to a run-of-the-mill public school in an area that's not particularly renowned for its academic prowess in high schools or university, and I really don't think it's fair to call people "dropkicks" just because they don't meet your standards. I mean, not everybody is academically oriented or has goals of getting a high atar and going to university, it doesn't mean they don't care about their future or that they're dumb. I understand that sometimes it can get frustrating to feel like you're the only one who 'cares' in class, but if you work your hardest, why should you let it worry you? You really shouldn't label people, everybody has their own talents and goals and it doesn't make them any "less" because they happen to fit your definition of what is a "public school dropkick". Just my two cents...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)