'Exciting' cars for under $20k (1 Viewer)

Fade1233

HSC
N/A
Yeh shy away. Just get one under 10K that works well. It doesn't have to be aesthetically pleasing, not for me atleast. A spacious neat house is what would appeal to me. Personally I would in this scenario, 60 invested in a much better house than a luxury car. I don't know. Thats my opinion. And yeh a Toyota mid 2000 model wont be bad as long as it does what its supposed to for the period of time its supposed to.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeh shy away. Just get one under 10K that works well. It doesn't have to be aesthetically pleasing, not for me atleast. A spacious neat house is what would appeal to me. Personally I would in this scenario, 60 invested in a much better house than a luxury car. I don't know. Thats my opinion.
In hindsight if I hadn't bought the Evo or the Benz, I would've had a much more awesome deposit for an apartment but hey, it all works out in the end.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeh shy away. Just get one under 10K that works well. It doesn't have to be aesthetically pleasing, not for me atleast. A spacious neat house is what would appeal to me. Personally I would in this scenario, 60 invested in a much better house than a luxury car. I don't know. Thats my opinion. And yeh a Toyota mid 2000 model wont be bad as long as it does what its supposed to for the period of time its supposed to.
In terms of practical use, I probably don't need a car considering I work in the city. We have a Peugeot 308 Touring at home and that drives very well (I drove a new Corolla and Impreza while I was on my L's during lessons and they were not enjoyable to drive).

I really enjoy driving though, so any car needs to be enjoyable to drive. It would be primarily be used for weekend driving as a recreation but I'm wary that the running costs would be relatively high compared to the amount of use I get.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
In terms of practical use, I probably don't need a car considering I work in the city.

I really enjoy driving though, so any car needs to be enjoyable to drive. It would be primarily be used for weekend driving as a recreation but I'm wary that the running costs would be relatively high compared to the amount of use I get.
But would you ride a motorbike?
You can fit in basically anywhere.
$20 of fuel can get you 80-100km depending on how much you give it.
You can lane split/filter through traffic
You can put your bag on your back etc etc

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
But would you ride a motorbike?
You can fit in basically anywhere.
$20 of fuel can get you 80-100km depending on how much you give it.
You can lane split/filter through traffic
You can put your bag on your back etc etc
Nah, don't need a motorbike.

In terms of commuting, I'm very much content with public transport.

In terms of practicality, there's virtually none with a motorbike.

I won't be considering one until I have money to splash after buying an apartment.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Nah, don't need a motorbike.

In terms of commuting, I'm very much content with public transport.

In terms of practicality, there's virtually none with a motorbike.

I won't be considering one until I have money to splash after buying an apartment.
How about a Mitsubishi Lancer?

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
honda S2000 I think is under 20k, never driven one but seems like an exciting car

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Get a Civic perhaps? That's alot more fun than a Corolla/Lancer. Mazda3 is also not a bad choice. Neither are going to blow your mind with excitement but they do make the commute a bit more enjoyable.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
If you want something exciting without high running costs, look at something naturally aspired and preferably not european (massive generalisation ik).

I'd probably recommend an FN2R because they're fairly reliable and 'exciting'. It isn't the 'best' type r but is significantly more comfortable and newer than a dc5r/dc2r or ep3. You said no hoon cars but if you were to go with something classier like a gti, you're going to spend more on running costs.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Honda-Civic-2007/SSE-AD-2995382/?Cr=11&sdmvc=1

-1 owner
- 90 000km

Would you be able to drive an S15 Turbo on the new power to weight ratio laws whilst your on your P's Zohair?
Yes, s15 is legal on your P's now but i hope your ass is ready for the attention the cops will give you.

honda S2000 I think is under 20k, never driven one but seems like an exciting car
All trashed for under 20k, trust me.

Last edited:

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
If you want something exciting without high running costs, look at something naturally aspired and preferably not european (massive generalisation ik).

I'd probably recommend an FN2R because they're fairly reliable and 'exciting'. It isn't the 'best' type r but is significantly more comfortable and newer than a dc5r/dc2r or ep3. You said no hoon cars but if you were to go with something classier like a gti, you're going to spend more on running costs.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Honda-Civic-2007/SSE-AD-2995382/?Cr=11&sdmvc=1

-1 owner
- 90 000km

Yes, s15 is legal on your P's now but i hope your ass is ready for the attention the cops will give you.

All trashed for under 20k, trust me.
I have never seen a car like that in my life.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

In all honesty, that doesn't really bother me as I'm making enough at the moment to absorb those costs.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Any ideas on what the running costs are like for a 'regular' car compared to a euro lux?

I was looking at a 2005 BMW 330i (design-wise, they've aged really well imo) for $19k but I'm wary that there's a considerable premium for maintenance.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Any ideas on what the running costs are like for a 'regular' car compared to a euro lux?

I was looking at a 2005 BMW 330i (design-wise, they've aged really well imo) for $19k but I'm wary that there's a considerable premium for maintenance.
My uncle had the power steering pump go on his 330i convertible 2 years ago, cost him ≈ 3k iirc

Stay away from the SMG gearbox

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)