Will module b specify a text? (1 Viewer)

jmoyo

HSC
So looking at the past HSC papers, the CSSA question normally reflects how the HSC question rolls out. Do you guys think that they will specify a text (particularly for poetry) and if they do it can't be the same text that was specified in the CSSA paper?

They only started specifying poems in 2011. It followed for 2012 but not for 2013. In 2005 was the only time they asked for 3 poems. Every other time it is 2.

So, thoughts on the structure of ModB? Would you rather a specified poem, personal choice of 2 poems or personal choice of 3?

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
yes they will. can confirm I am from BoS and they will specify. if you want the 2014 paper PM me

DON'T PM me; how is anyone supposed to know? it is just "chance" the year before last they specified and last year they didn't

SuchSmallHands

HSC
I don't think they'll tell us to write about three, but I do personally think that they'll specify a text. They didn't last year, so I think we're due for it this year. I'm making sure that I can write about any of the poems that weren't specified in 2011/2 for Yeats, but not really bothering with the two that they've already targeted. But be prepared for anything I guess, the people who sat the HSC the first year they did it would never have predicted that, and we probably won't accurately predict anything on our paper.

mreditor16

HSC
So looking at the past HSC papers, the CSSA question normally reflects how the HSC question rolls out. Do you guys think that they will specify a text (particularly for poetry) and if they do it can't be the same text that was specified in the CSSA paper?

They only started specifying poems in 2011. It followed for 2012 but not for 2013. In 2005 was the only time they asked for 3 poems. Every other time it is 2.

So, thoughts on the structure of ModB? Would you rather a specified poem, personal choice of 2 poems or personal choice of 3?
keep in mind that the HSC is generally written in June or July. And then stored away.....

Mrmellow

HSC
This thread might have died out, but, in either case, whether the questions specifies poems of not, what would be the most efficient way to prepare more mod b? Thanks

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
This thread might have died out, but, in either case, whether the questions specifies poems of not, what would be the most efficient way to prepare more mod b? Thanks
Depends on the text but I'd say many paragraphs of analysis would be a good approach.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)