General Thoughts: Information Processes and Technology (1 Viewer)

trapizi

╰(゜Д゜)╯
HSC
Why WAP over switch?
Don't they usually use some zigzag lines to indicate wireless transmission? They had straight lines which I assumed represent cables, so a switch would be appropriate
That's a good point actually. Maybe you're right.

tco97

HSC
What did you guys answer for the multiple choice questions? Let's try and get an answer key going. Anyone think any of these are wrong?
1. A
2. D
3. B
4. A
5. D
6. D
7. D
8. C
9. B
10. B
11. D
12. C
13. A
14. C
15. A
16. C
17. B
18. B
19. C
20. C
I said 11) B - a switch, as it using a straight line which would generally indicate cabling. Laptop is not specified (neither is printer, or Pay TV) as wifi compatible. Unlikely a server would connect wirelessly to the internet. To the person who noted the Modem was missing, technically, yes, but many Routers function as a Modem these days.

Unfortunately for 15 I chose C because I saw 'relationship' and thought Schemas... I clearly did not read the question - A would be correct. :(

Can anyone explain Question 19? There was a similar question in the 2009 MC (Q20) - me and my teacher tried to figure it out this morning but couldn't really get a tangible answer - we know we are missing something. Was a bit funny to see it pop up again but I was so unsure, I chose D and almost changed it to C at the last moment but the clock ran out!

Simile

HSC
N/A
For the RFID tag question about w alternatively,do we have to talks about using RFID tag,or just the same type of transaction.

trapizi

╰(゜Д゜)╯
HSC
Btw what did you guys choose for decision table MP? The answer listed was not really close to the table :(. The most concerned was B and C.

tco97

HSC
Btw what did you guys choose for decision table MP? The answer listed was not really close to the table :(. The most concerned was B and C.
The answer for Question 17, Decision tables, is B.

The printer does not print, and the status light is not flashing.

If you look at the third column, we have a tick for "the printer does not print", and a cross for "status light is flashing" - which means the status light is not flashing. Following that column down, we have a tick for "check printer cable", which is what the question asks for.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
I went ahead and chose Modem for that multiple choice question, as it didn't make much sense to have both a router and a switch on a single network and there was no way for packets to be modulated/demodulated at any point, they can't just imply that a router will also be a modem because that would be contradicting the syllabus.

For the "Distinguish between authoring software and HTML editors for creating multimedia", i addressed HTML editors correctly but stated that authoring software was utilized to create multimedia content such as video, audio and animation for presentation to the user. So i messed up there

Additionally, i am almost certain that Q17 Multiple Choice was B. I went over it with my IPT teacher right after the exam. It was worded terribly but definitely B

Nukeboy

HSC
N/A
I said 11) B - a switch, as it using a straight line which would generally indicate cabling. Laptop is not specified (neither is printer, or Pay TV) as wifi compatible. Unlikely a server would connect wirelessly to the internet. To the person who noted the Modem was missing, technically, yes, but many Routers function as a Modem these days.

Unfortunately for 15 I chose C because I saw 'relationship' and thought Schemas... I clearly did not read the question - A would be correct. :(

Can anyone explain Question 19? There was a similar question in the 2009 MC (Q20) - me and my teacher tried to figure it out this morning but couldn't really get a tangible answer - we know we are missing something. Was a bit funny to see it pop up again but I was so unsure, I chose D and almost changed it to C at the last moment but the clock ran out!
Q19. The parity bit is added to make the total number of ones either odd or even. If you look at the transmitted byte, there are 5 ones in total. Therefore, odd parity is being used. Then it is just a matter of counting the number of ones in all the options. C is the only one with an even number of ones and so would be detected as corrupted.

olimoli123

HSC
For the RFID tag question about w alternatively,do we have to talks about using RFID tag,or just the same type of transaction.
thank god, someone who questions this one the same way i do :guitar:

Simile

HSC
N/A
For thee alternative of the transaction p s, did we have to mention the RFID?
Because I did the system where clothing shop collects information from the transaction of the clothes, and uses it to determine patters using data mining? Would this be right for the alternative?

Nukeboy

HSC
N/A
I went ahead and chose Modem for that multiple choice question, as it didn't make much sense to have both a router and a switch on a single network and there was no way for packets to be modulated/demodulated at any point, they can't just imply that a router will also be a modem because that would be contradicting the syllabus.

For the "Distinguish between authoring software and HTML editors for creating multimedia", i addressed HTML editors correctly but stated that authoring software was utilized to create multimedia content such as video, audio and animation for presentation to the user. So i messed up there

Additionally, i am almost certain that Q17 Multiple Choice was B. I went over it with my IPT teacher right after the exam. It was worded terribly but definitely B
Good point about the lack of a modem. Didn't pick up on that. But most of the time I see modem as the last device before connecting to the internet and never as a central node of a network.

olimoli123

HSC
For thee alternative of the transaction p s, did we have to mention the RFID?
Because I did the system where clothing shop collects information from the transaction of the clothes, and uses it to determine patters using data mining? Would this be right for the alternative?
Hahaha i thought they were referring to the Pet Shop and i wrote she could use a manual paper-based system because i assumed the Transaction Processing System referred to the way her business worked i.e. Transactions performed when each pet is collected etc. Everyone's doing differently so i have a feeling i lost all my 5 marks :(

Last edited:

Simile

HSC
N/A
I just used the same transaction system, as the pet. I'm just worried, if we had use to the raid thing.

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
^ thankyou! i thought i was the only one who chose modem! that was the main reason i didn't choose switch. also a if it was a wap, then the lines should be broken, like dashes. itll be interesting to what the answer is!

also for the third (?) mc was it bluetooth or infrared?
infrared is higher frequency in the elctromagnetic spectrum than radio/microwaves (what blue tooth uses) so i chose infrared. Its also used for short range too.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Fucked up with the last question, but preety confident I went alright.

(I did ipt accelerated)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)