General Thoughts: Information Processes and Technology (1 Viewer)

Simile

HSC
N/A
What did you do the RFID ? Infrared is straight connection, not flexible

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
What did you do the RFID ? Infrared is straight connection, not flexible
you talkin' to me?

the mc question asked for 'high speed, short distance connection' as best as i can remember... so i guess that does't limit flexibility

Simile

HSC
N/A
And what did everyone put for strategies to reveng corruption

Nukeboy

HSC
N/A
^ thankyou! i thought i was the only one who chose modem! that was the main reason i didn't choose switch. also a if it was a wap, then the lines should be broken, like dashes. itll be interesting to what the answer is!

also for the third (?) mc was it bluetooth or infrared?
infrared is higher frequency in the elctromagnetic spectrum than radio/microwaves (what blue tooth uses) so i chose infrared. Its also used for short range too.
Theses questions are horribly vague as actual transmission speeds really depend on the device, so it could possibly be either.
I myself went its Bluetooth as that is more commonly used for data transmission between phones, so I was like hey, there has to be some reason why it's used more frequently. Maybe it's faster.
That was my thought process lol

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
Theses questions are horribly vague as actual transmission speeds really depend on the device, so it could possibly be either.
I myself went its Bluetooth as that is more commonly used for data transmission between phones, so I was like hey, there has to be some reason why it's used more frequently. Maybe it's faster.
That was my thought process lol
haha ok i see, well i guess we'll have to wait for the answers. when do those come out btw? im so new to this!

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
And what did everyone put for strategies to reveng corruption
i went down three tracks:
CRCs
Encryption
and TCP

hehe i dont even know what i was thinking i just wrote a page of bs there explaining how those three would garuntee no errors...

Simile

HSC
N/A
Thank goodness, that's what I wrote, but I used parity checking, checksum, and cycle redundancy check

johnmackley

HSC
Guys how many weeks was the Gantt chart thing? I wrote 9 weeks but apparently there was a trick somewhere?! I didn't see any trick??

olimoli123

HSC
Guys how many weeks was the Gantt chart thing? I wrote 9 weeks but apparently there was a trick somewhere?! I didn't see any trick??
It asked for a MINIMUM, which means evaluation wasn't required.
Hence 7 weeks MINIMUM
Thats what i put anyway :)

Last edited:

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Thank goodness, that's what I wrote, but I used parity checking, checksum, and cycle redundancy check
The question mentioned simultaneous transfer so i pretty much instantaneously jumped to CSMA/CD, Polling and Token Ring. Followed by expanding on it through parity check, checksum and CRC

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
The question mentioned simultaneous transfer so i pretty much instantaneously jumped to CSMA/CD, Polling and Token Ring. Followed by expanding on it through parity check, checksum and CRC
wow ok, but how would token ring be actually used in the sports system? isnt that only for ring network topologies? i dont think that the sports trackers would be ring??

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
also what did people put as ethical issue(S) for the health record system?

i did privacy and then couldnt rack my brains enough to get a decent good other issue and stuck with changing nature of work which sounded really weak. in comparison with privacy, which actually had a point.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
I meant 7, my bad you're good
I recall getting 8 for the Gantt Chart

2 weeks for the research = 2
3 weeks for designing the solution = 2 + 3 = 5
2 weeks for installation of cables = 5 + 2 = 7
5 weeks for installation of software and hardware, yet this operates straight after research (in which designing the solution and installation of cables occur, both adding up to 5 weeks). 7 - 2 = 5. Meaning installation of software and hardware does not take any extra time = 7
Network upgrade = 7 + 1 = 8 weeks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)