General Thoughts: Information Processes and Technology (1 Viewer)

Simile

HSC
N/A
The question mentioned simultaneous transfer so i pretty much instantaneously jumped to CSMA/CD, Polling and Token Ring. Followed by expanding on it through parity check, checksum and CRC
I have never heard of polling, but I tought Csma/cd was prevent collision of data on Ethernet protocol? I did not know it prevented corruption.

Simile

HSC
N/A
I recall getting 8 for the Gantt Chart

2 weeks for the research = 2
3 weeks for designing the solution = 2 + 3 = 5
2 weeks for installation of cables = 5 + 2 = 7
5 weeks for installation of software and hardware, yet this operates straight after research (in which designing the solution and installation of cables
occur, both adding up to 5 weeks)
. 7 - 2 = 5. Meaning installation of software and hardware does not take any extra time = 7
Network upgrade = 7 + 1 = 8 weeks
But the 1 week is for evaluation, isn't it?

Simile

HSC
N/A
What did they put for the importance of data integrity ?

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
also what did people put as ethical issue(S) for the health record system?

i did privacy and then couldnt rack my brains enough to get a decent good other issue and stuck with changing nature of work which sounded really weak. in comparison with privacy, which actually had a point.
Quite sure i did
  • Privacy of the patients data, regarding the way in which it is utilized and shared. some patients may be concerned on this matter
  • Changing nature of work for healthcare professionals, which leads to resistance to change and lower job satisfaction
  • Employees that used to handle the paper database can become redundant
  • Data Accuracy, whilst this isn't quite an ethical issue i just threw it in there. I stated that it was an ethical issue due to the critical nature of the system, dealing with the health and lives of real patients

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
a gantt chart for an upgrade of a businness network indicates that:

- research will take two weeks followed by desgining the solution which will take 3 weeks.
-installation of cables will start immediatley after this and last for 2 weeks
-installation of software and hardware will last for 5 weeks and will start when research has concluded
-on completion of all the above tasks, the network upgrade will undergo an evaluation for a one-week period

what is the minimum number of weeks required for the network upgrade?
a)7 b) 8 c)9 d)10

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
wow ok, but how would token ring be actually used in the sports system? isnt that only for ring network topologies? i dont think that the sports trackers would be ring??
I was honestly just content spamming, i wasn't thinking of it at the time but seeming that they didn't indicate what type of network it was. Either way not sure if i will loose marks for it. I also outlined each of the error detection methods and recommended CRC

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
Quite sure i did
  • Privacy of the patients data, regarding the way in which it is utilized and shared. some patients may be concerned on this matter
  • Changing nature of work for healthcare professionals, which leads to resistance to change and lower job satisfaction
  • Employees that used to handle the paper database can become redundant
  • Data Accuracy, whilst this isn't quite an ethical issue i just threw it in there. I stated that it was an ethical issue due to the critical nature of the system, dealing with the health and lives of real patients
ok i see

i did the first and third points. it was only 3 marks so i think thats alright... i guess....hehe :L
yeah i wanted to do data accuracy, but it wasnt ethical.. oh well!

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
I was honestly just content spamming, i wasn't thinking of it at the time but seeming that they didn't indicate what type of network it was. Either way not sure if i will loose marks for it. I also outlined each of the error detection methods and recommended CRC
i think they were looking for CRC so i think you should be fine :)

also not that i need to know ever after today, but in short, wtf is polling?

Nukeboy

HSC
N/A
I recall getting 8 for the Gantt Chart

2 weeks for the research = 2
3 weeks for designing the solution = 2 + 3 = 5
2 weeks for installation of cables = 5 + 2 = 7
5 weeks for installation of software and hardware, yet this operates straight after research (in which designing the solution and installation of cables occur, both adding up to 5 weeks). 7 - 2 = 5. Meaning installation of software and hardware does not take any extra time = 7
Network upgrade = 7 + 1 = 8 weeks
Yay, I got 8 as well

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A

For a star network in which the central node is allocated as the controller and only lets one node transfer at a time.

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
a gantt chart for an upgrade of a businness network indicates that:

- research will take two weeks followed by desgining the solution which will take 3 weeks.
-installation of cables will start immediatley after this and last for 2 weeks
-installation of software and hardware will last for 5 weeks and will start when research has concluded
-on completion of all the above tasks, the network upgrade will undergo an evaluation for a one-week period

what is the minimum number of weeks required for the network upgrade?
a)7 b) 8 c)9 d)10
Johnmackley the question's up if you didnt see it. it might've got lost in the thread

Simile

HSC
N/A

I could be wrong, but I think the three erro detection methods needed to be discussed, I don't think recommendation was needed. I could be wrong.

Evaluation -isn't it seeing the if the new system needs to see any changes or if it has met it's objectives?

Nukeboy

HSC
N/A

Um am I the only one who put in backups, as that can prevent data loss. If data gets corrupted there will be am alternate file. I also then mentioned RAID systems (striping) so that data is retrieved from different sources or something like that. I was just trying to fill space tbh. I only spent 2
Lines quickly mentioning error checks

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
I could be wrong, but I think the three erro detection methods needed to be discussed, I don't think recommendation was needed. I could be wrong.

Evaluation -isn't it seeing the if the new system needs to see any changes or if it has met it's objectives?
yeah true - im looking at the question and it says 'discuss' so that means we dont need to recommend.

idk evaluation does seem like its not part of the network upgrade... ughhhh nooo another mark lost :(

Simile

HSC
N/A
I lost like 6 marks, because I left the 4 marker of mirroring and rollback-first time I have heard about it today,

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
I lost like 6 marks, because I left the 4 marker of mirroring and rollback-first time I have heard about it today,
i actually didnt understand what they meant by mirroring in this context... was it mirroring as in RAID or in some other weird TPS way, but rollback is half a tiny little syllabus dot point that for some reason my school really pushed. Like we did it for 3 lessons, and its more of a 10 minute sort of explaination.

Its bascally how if a compoent in the transaction doesnt work, then the whole transaction has to be aborted and returned to the last stable state. its to do with the 'atomnicity' of a system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)