• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Martin Place Hostage Situation (3 Viewers)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
UPDATE: The phone calls made to #9News have been passed onto the police. Family members have been contacted. #9News

MrInoeverthin

HSC
Uni Grad
4:21pm:

What we know now

Three hostages have escaped from the Lindt Cafe on Martin Place. They are in the care of police.
NSW Police will not confirm the number of people remaining in the cafe, but Deputy Commissioner Catherine Burn says it is less than 30
Dep Commissioner Burn says police do not think anybody inside the cafe has been harmed
She says police are in contact with the armed man

Pretty sure enigma is right about people escaping from Lindt Cafe
Yea, sorry I was wrong. People escaped from the building

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
[–]Idleliving 8 points 4 minutes ago
As an American I am amazed no news agency is covering this anymore and I have to keep checking reddit.
[–]BreweryInTheSky 1 point a minute ago
Right? We get 24/7 coverage of a missing plane but 50 people held hostage in the most populous city of one of our closest allies gets a 10 minute segment?
permalinkparent
[–]1_800_UNICORN 1 point a minute ago
I feel you. CNN was showing some stupid documentary, BBC World News covered it briefly and then switched to some tech show, so now I'm watching the live stream on 9news.com.au. Fucking bullshit American media. I hate CNN as much as any other reasonable human being, but shit, isn't live breaking news like this their bread and butter?

http://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/c..._cafe_hostage_drama_in_martin_place/?sort=new

mreditor16

HSC
Channel 7 reporting that 2 more have escaped. It is an unconfirmed report.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Awwww those women :'(

Soo glad they're free now

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
The look on her face :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Fucking gunman, get rekttt

FlyingKanga

The optimistic pessimist.
HSC
[–]Idleliving 8 points 4 minutes ago
As an American I am amazed no news agency is covering this anymore and I have to keep checking reddit.
[–]BreweryInTheSky 1 point a minute ago
Right? We get 24/7 coverage of a missing plane but 50 people held hostage in the most populous city of one of our closest allies gets a 10 minute segment?
permalinkparent
[–]1_800_UNICORN 1 point a minute ago
I feel you. CNN was showing some stupid documentary, BBC World News covered it briefly and then switched to some tech show, so now I'm watching the live stream on 9news.com.au. Fucking bullshit American media. I hate CNN as much as any other reasonable human being, but shit, isn't live breaking news like this their bread and butter?

http://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/c..._cafe_hostage_drama_in_martin_place/?sort=new
I recommend checking the /r/australia thread instead, the moderators are actually filtering out the useless hate comments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)