2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
Hmmm so you do have prepared analysis then for other characters besides hamlet
If you're asking "do you have memorised analysis for heaps of other characters", then no, but I (of course) have some quotes memorised that could link to other characters (e.g. "take Claudius in the purging of his soul" I could link to the dramatic tension created when Claudius tries to pray, which ironically mirrors (in a way) Hamlet's own vacillation regarding the afterlife. Or "O Hamlet speak no more, thou turnst my eyes into my very soul..." and "to thine own self be true" exemplify the corrupt nature of the society Hamlet finds himself in, forcing him to enter into a confused state of mind regarding philosophical ideas, etc.)

Although, it's important to realise that our essay is meant to be about HAMLET, not claudius or laertes or gertrude or whoever. My teacher made a point of saying that the Independent 2015 question would be best answered if we considered the other character to simply enhance what we want to say about Hamlet himself.

Chris_S

HSC
I just cannot be bothered to study english lol. In class a 80 minute double period feels like 4 hours and a 80 minutes maths feels like 20 minutes

rawrliongirl

HSC
I just cannot be bothered to study english lol. In class a 80 minute double period feels like 4 hours and a 80 minutes maths feels like 20 minutes
Be glad it ain't 108 minute doubles ;-;
I die errtime

Ekman

HSC
Jeez the lines for the charter buses are so long, are they always like this for people going unsw or is this just because of the open day

Flop21

HSC
I didnt go to it, what was it about?
About why the HSC doesn't matter (bit silly saying that at a school that requires 91+), his life, life in general, and a tiny bit about computing. Really pointless, you didn't miss much.

Chris_S

HSC
It overall was a good day but out of all of the open days I liked UOW the best!

rawrliongirl

HSC
UOW was nice, it was a pretty relaxing open day and wasn't as chaotic and full of people like UNSW. I like UOW and would definitely go there but it's just so hard for me to get to :(

Chris_S

HSC
Oh really! Unlucky than but anyway every uni is good and you won't miss out! I just live down the road from UOW so I am very lucky

Last edited:
HSC
UOW was nice, it was a pretty relaxing open day and wasn't as chaotic and full of people like UNSW. I like UOW and would definitely go there but it's just so hard for me to get to :(
Oh really! Unlucky than but anyway every uni is good and you won't miss out! I just live down the road from UOW so I am very lucky
I like UOW too but roughly 1h and 45m drive is not going to work
And i don't think anyone will let me rent

rawrliongirl

HSC
I like UOW too but roughly 1h and 45m drive is not going to work
And i don't think anyone will let me rent
I can't drive so by train itd prob take me nearly 2 hrs or more. Train it to Sydenham and then to Wollongong. My parents wouldn't let me move out..not at this stage :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)