Free Legal Studies Notes, Essays & Guide (97 HSC Mark) (1 Viewer)

jasmeetbasra

HSC
Your actually really amazing, thank you so much for these notes. These notes are really good, definitely worth keeping, and you can tell the effrt that you have put into them. Great job

Actom360

HSC
Thanks mate. Just curious, what was your raw mark in trials? I got 95 in the CSSA Trials and was wondering how that compares to HSC marks; what raw mark do you reckon you need for a state rank?

aashinipatel

HSC
[hi, I was just curious if you had any human rights, shelter or family stuff? if so, can you please tell :)
thanks
btw your notes were really good and helpful ]

Hi everyone,

First off, if this is in the wrong section, feel free to move it - I really wasn't sure where it should go.

I'd like to give out my notes from 2014. This website was a huge help to me throughout the HSC, so I hope it can be the same for you.

A little about me; I got a mark of 97 last year for legal - assessment, examination and HSC marks (i'll put a link for proof at the bottom of the post). I ranked first for legal in a top 100 school, though a huge part of my relative success in the course was my teacher, who, though only had the class for half the year, had practiced law, taught the course without ever reading the textbook, and gave our class a ton of notes, and also a ton of feedback on any essays. I didn't score a 'state rank', and my ATAR was 96.35; a lot lower than many of the people on this website. Also, my notes are not perfect, and I don't think they would have had to have been to score a mark of 100 in the exam.

My notes consist of 4 parts:

Legal Studies Guide: In my opinion, this is the most important part. I go over how to prepare for your crime and options essays, how to tackle the themes and challenges, as well as the contemporary issues (for options essays) and some other things that I think will be valuable to know.

Crime:
  • 15 Crime Paragraphs that I used for the crime essay. The way I remembered my notes was in paragraphs, rather than full essays, which I only remembered in point form anyway. I think that these 15 paragraphs can be used for 12 possible essays they can ask you. Each paragraph has corresponding numbers to show you which of the 12 questions they can be used for - many can be used for multiple essay questions.
  • Plans for any of the 12 possible essays - this shows you the 12 possible questions, and which paragraphs can be used for them.
  • 3 Sample Essays for crime.

World Order:
  • World Order Paragraphs - used these for all of my essays in 2014. I haven't counted how many there are (though definitely a lot less than crime), but I think you could tackle any question if you remember these paragraphs. In this case they are written without topic & linking sentences, as you will have to make them up on the day.
  • 2 Sample Essays for World Order.

Global Environmental Protection:
  • GEP paragraphs that should work for any question. Pretty much the same thing as in world order. These do have topic and linking sentences, because each paragraph is set to respond to a specific question - obviously you will have to change them on the day, but this should give you a good idea on how I did it.
  • 2 Sample Essays for GEP.

Here is a link to the notes: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4eei86p54owz29c/AACe4BpfvdFi2EpKfXvGu2BMa?dl=0

And also to the proof: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fnrpcnqrmxct4cy/Screen Shot 2014-12-19 at 11.26.23 AM.png?dl=0

I have no idea if dropbox keeps these notes up forever or anything like that, so PM me if they go down. Also, chances are I didn't explain nearly everything you needed to know, so if you have any questions about the course again PM me.

Thanks, and good luck[/QUOTE]

yanminariane

HSC
On behalf of my legal studies class thanks so much for your generosity :D

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

boredofhsc12

HSC
Hey, i think the dropbox has expired? (i don't know how it works) but yea the link isn't working so is there any way u could repost the notes
thank you so much!!

Davod

HSC
N/A
Updated the link this morning to fix the issue.

Oberon_

HSC
Hey, the link seems inactive again. I was able to access them a few months ago but now it doesn't work. If you're able to could you fix this? Your notes were spectacular

ilanvn

HSC
Hi! I just wanted to thank you so much for posting your notes up for free, you have no idea how much these have helped me during my trials. It's been a tough year so far and I am so glad I came across this post. You're doing God's work, I swear :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)