What would you like to see on BOS? (1 Viewer)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
What about instead of deleting all the posts etc.. all the posts stay, but the user posting is 'unknown' (like on yahoo answers if you delete your account).
Or at least allow the ability of changing the account name for people that don't want to use the account anymore, so people can't search for them.
Doesn't really work that way because quotes stay the same. The username at the time of quote will not change in the quote.

mreditor16

HSC
I guess quotes dont really matter, but i know ill be deleting all my posts whenever i leave this site (whenever that may be) from this account and my old account.
Ban him now, mods :p

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I guess quotes dont really matter, but i know ill be deleting all my posts whenever i leave this site (whenever that may be) from this account and my old account.
What are the benefits of wasting a whole day to delete thousands of posts?

Flop21

HSC
Well not ALL posts, i would keep the posts that are answering HSC questions and asking HSC questions, but all the random shit i've said i would delete. Like if i deleted all posts that would be a waste because i've asked and answered questions on here that could be helpful for other people.

Well, that's why i whenever i leave this site i would have like my username to be changed so that only the quoted messages have my old username.
Edit rather than delete. Editing a post is more 'deleted' than pressing 'delete thread', I'm pretty sure.

turntaker

HSC
Can someone add a change username option . k thx

Mr_Kap

HSC
Re: What would you like to see on BOS 2007?

In some other forums they a little box at the bottom right of each post, and you can click them so that you can accumulate several quotes into your reply without having to go back and copy paste them all into your post. For example, I could 'quick quote' your post and the three above it, and then when I hit 'Post Reply' they would all be quoted.

I know this would be massively useful in NCAP where things can get a bit convoluted, as well as some of the faster threads in NS where there are several conversations going on at once.
I've always wanted to know how people put more than one quote in a message. Has a thing for this been developed yet?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

I've always wanted to know how people put more than one quote in a message. Has a thing for this been developed yet?
It's been around for years. :)

The little quote box and the plus sign in the right hand corner, next to reply with quote, is the button you're after.

Mr_Kap

HSC

It's been around for years. :)

The little quote box and the plus sign in the right hand corner, next to reply with quote, is the button you're after.
it works.

Much Quickness. Much Efficiency

Last edited:

braintic

HSC
N/A
yeh. when i'm answering an 8 marker in depth on the marathon threads it gets annoying sometimes when it takes me a while and I get logged out.
I NEVER get logged out. I can leave it all day and I will still be logged on at the end of the day.
I can also close down my browser and shut down my computer, and I will be logged on next time I return.
Not sure what I am doing differently to you though.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I NEVER get logged out. I can leave it all day and I will still be logged on at the end of the day.
I can also close down my browser and shut down my computer, and I will be logged on next time I return.
Not sure what I am doing differently to you though.
You probably tick the "Remember Me?" check box.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Here is an good idea.

How about BOS show who is looking at your profile in real time?

e.g.

nerdasdasd

Currently viewed by brent012, braintic ... instead of last viewed.

*Only you can see this not others*

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Here is an good idea.

How about BOS show who is looking at your profile in real time?

e.g.

nerdasdasd

Currently viewed by brent012, braintic ... instead of last viewed.

*Only you can see this not others*
if u think your crush is looking at ur page, u should just ask them out, u don't need more proof

astroman

HSC
It's not about crushes. All in the name of curiosity / seeing who Bos stalks.
You only see the name of people who choose to have their profile as shown online pop up in the recently viewed section, if you have this setting off, it doesn't show on the person's wall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)