Help for CAFS students. (1 Viewer)

johannaharreola

HSC

bec3

HSC
hey guys....

im in the middle of doing my IRP for cafs, and my topic is the effects on bullying an adolescent, I have surveys but im having trouble writing my literature review for it?

so I was wondering if anyone can help me do this would be great thanks
May be a bit late (sorry!)
But I found that in my lit review I sort of split it into sections addressing small parts of my topic.
Also if you can find two perspectives on your topic that gives you a nice structure.

If resources is the issue take a look on goverbment sites, reachout, beyondblue etc- should fine LOADS of info

Lit review can feel enormous, when really it's just a rundown on the research that's already been done.

I've got an email cafsadvice@gmail.com if you had any more queries, however the wonderful Kat92 is also brilliant at answering qs on here :)

Kat92

HSC

Kat92

HSC
hey guys....

im in the middle of doing my IRP for cafs, and my topic is the effects on bullying an adolescent, I have surveys but im having trouble writing my literature review for it?

so I was wondering if anyone can help me do this would be great thanks
Did my reply to your PM help?? Or do you need more of an explanation?

Kat92

HSC
May be a bit late (sorry!)
But I found that in my lit review I sort of split it into sections addressing small parts of my topic.
Also if you can find two perspectives on your topic that gives you a nice structure.

If resources is the issue take a look on goverbment sites, reachout, beyondblue etc- should fine LOADS of info

Lit review can feel enormous, when really it's just a rundown on the research that's already been done.

I've got an email cafsadvice@gmail.com if you had any more queries, however the wonderful Kat92 is also brilliant at answering qs on here :)
Aww thanks bec3! :) Good advice there as well as to where some information could be sourced.

Eliza_Harris

HSC
Help!!!!
When should i use subheadings in questions for cafs? Like should a question be worth a certain amount of marks before i use subheadings or?

Kat92

HSC
Hi Eliza_Harris,

You should not be using subheadings in answering questions at this level of writing. Subheadings are more so used in formal research, thesis and doctoral types of writing. Take a look at: http://arc.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/standards-packs/SP01_15060/ for examples of how past CAFS HSC students answered some of the questions with higher weightings.

madm1405

HSC
I have just begun my IRP and I am struggling with the simple things like what tense to use and how to format it on the page. I would really appreciate any tips you guys would have.
Thank you! :)

brittyoung121

HSC
Hi CAFS people!
I am trying (keyword trying) to do my IRP on a topic in the LGBT+ community (because as bisexual I think this is most suited for me). However my teacher is trying to get me not to do it as I go to a Christian school. I also am very passionate in music and mental health however my teacher says music is too broad and someone else in my class is doing mental health. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm not the best at CAFS or with words in general. :p

Thank you
Britt x

lozsarah

HSC
Hi guys, I'm just starting my IRP and I'm doing immunisation but I'm stuck on what types of questions and sub topics i should have!

Kat92

HSC
Hi guys, I'm just starting my IRP and I'm doing immunisation but I'm stuck on what types of questions and sub topics i should have!
For your sub topics you would be looking at areas such as Parenting and Caring with focus on the roles of parents and carers on satisfying the needs of the dependant and rights and responsibilities in parenting and caring. That information you can find from page 33 onwards in the CAFS syllabus.

Kat92

HSC
Hi CAFS people!
I am trying (keyword trying) to do my IRP on a topic in the LGBT+ community (because as bisexual I think this is most suited for me). However my teacher is trying to get me not to do it as I go to a Christian school. I also am very passionate in music and mental health however my teacher says music is too broad and someone else in my class is doing mental health. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm not the best at CAFS or with words in general. :p

Thank you
Britt x
How about narrowing it down to a particular type of music and doing a research question along the lines of: What factors affect access to and acceptance of X musical technology?

Last edited:

brittyoung121

HSC
Hello again!
I have got my question for my IRP which is in the LGBT community which is what I wanted to do so I'm pretty happy about that! My question is “When exposing your sexuality at a young age, what are the social factors that impact the individual’s wellbeing?" How could i form an introduction that would suit this best? Thanks for all the help
:) xx

Kat92

HSC
Hello again!
I have got my question for my IRP which is in the LGBT community which is what I wanted to do so I'm pretty happy about that! My question is “When exposing your sexuality at a young age, what are the social factors that impact the individual’s wellbeing?" How could i form an introduction that would suit this best? Thanks for all the help
:) xx
Hi Brittyoung121,

I am glad to hear that you have been allowed to do your IRP on what you wanted! :)

A basic introduction scaffold can take the following shape:

This project was concerned with XXX. Recent newspaper reports suggested that XXX were XXX . The objective of the project was to investigate the social factors that impact the individual's wellbeing at young age when exposing their sexuality. Data was gathered using the following methods: (List here). The study concluded that XXX. Parents commented that XXX. Where exposing sexuality at a young age occurred, XXX. Based on the results of this study it is recommended that the XXX. It is further recommended that XXX.

lil_lhayraa

HSC
hi!

i'm currently doing my IRP and I've gotten the introduction down, but i'm just stuck on starting my literature review as well as thinking about questions that i could use for my questionnaire/interview (my topic question is "does popular culture contribute to the pressure of conforming to societal expectations?")

thanks! appreciate it :awesome:

Kat92

HSC
For help with your literature review you might like to have a look at some of my posts here: http://community.boredofstudies.org...de-those-you-like-step-step-instructions.html

As for the questions maybe some could be along the lines of those below:

1. Pop culture influences teenagers' perception of societal expectations.
Strongly disagree
Disagree
Agree
Strongly agree

2. Teenagers nowadays are too obsessed with pop culture.
Strongly disagree
Disagree
Agree
Strongly agree

3. How important is the self image of a teenager considered in your societal expectations?
Very important
Somewhat important
A little important
Not important at all

4. How much does today's pop culture influence your definition of societal expectations and how you choose to portray yourself?
Alot
Quite a bit
Not at all

5. To what extent is it right for teenagers follow pop culture and dress,act,look,etc like their favourite singers/actors?
To a large extent
To a limited extent
It is not right at all
It is perfectly alright

Last edited:

ray_jay

HSC
HELP ASAP PLEASE!
Im doing my IRP proposal and I have absolutely no idea how to do a literature review. My main question I'm basing it around is "Does Social Media Affect The Education Of Youths?". It is due tomorrow, I have completed pretty much everything else except that!

emilycheung

HSC
N/A
Hey cafsers,
Saw a help thread in bio and thought it would be nice to do one for cafs. I got 96 in the HSC for cafs so if you guys need any help I'm more than happy to help you :) I really enjoyed cafs so I dont mind revisiting it haha.
So let me know if you need anything.
Good luck!!
hi i really need help with my literature review!!
I know what you would need to write in it but i just dont know how to start it and what to write in the beginning.

if ou could help that would be great
thanks!x

Kat92

HSC
hi i really need help with my literature review!!
I know what you would need to write in it but i just dont know how to start it and what to write in the beginning.

if ou could help that would be great
thanks!x
Hi emilycheung,

You might want to have a look at http://community.boredofstudies.org...de-those-you-like-step-step-instructions.html

Also if you conduct a google search with the words "literature review example" you can get an idea of how to structure your paragraphs.

Good Luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)