General Thoughts: Software Design and Development (1 Viewer)

xetamine

HSC
How did everyone go?

I finished the exam in 1 hour and 45 minutes and left. Everything was easy except 3 things I got wrong (MC Q1, MC string/real sorting Q, structure chart flag filled in or not). I'm expecting 96-97 / 100. Hopefully that's enough to state rank, although I woudn't be surprised if the bar was higher based on how easy this exam was.

duhdevitt

HSC
It was generally a good paper, may have got some pseudocode thing wrong and 2mrks from MC and a couple from Paradigms, hoping for a raw 90-92. But I know alot of people who found the exam hard so the cutoff will probs be 86ish

HSC
What was multiple choice Q1? I reckon the MC was pretty straight forward..I found difficulty with some algorithms and the deskcheck haha.

andrew2015

HSC
How did everyone go?

I finished the exam in 1 hour and 45 minutes and left. Everything was easy except 3 things I got wrong (MC Q1, MC string/real sorting Q, structure chart flag filled in or not). I'm expecting 96-97 / 100. Hopefully that's enough to state rank, although I woudn't be surprised if the bar was higher based on how easy this exam was.
Would you not do the whole exam again if you wanted to state rank to remedy any silly mistakes?

asdfasdfer

HSC
Hmmm, I thought this year's test was harder than 2014 and 2013, was pretty happy that there wasn't many diagrams to draw just the storyboard and structure chart.

Ross W

HSC
I thought the test was pretty good, not having flowcharts, dfds and even contexts to worry about were definitely a help. The storyboard and structure chart were really simple. Although I think I messed up some questions in the option, I had a huge blank and couldn't remember the middle component of the IEEE and did not know a second point for 2's compliment. Hoping for a 90 but you never know with exams, stupid mistakes can happen.

Soham

HSC
N/A
The desk check gave you the right answer but there were errors in the code.

Soham

HSC
N/A
I got the IEEE in the last moment. I forget to add 127 to the exponent, when I check my answer with what they gave you.

wizzledonker

HSC
Was the issue with the last paradigms question that they put the Swap() Method in the Public members position, which meant that people could modify the array indexes without it being sorted, and that it should be in the private clause? Other than that I couldn't find any errors algorithmically.

HSC
I got the IEEE in the last moment. I forget to add 127 to the exponent, when I check my answer with what they gave you.
The exponent is in excess form so you take away 127? The IEEE thing was 1 so negative, 129 in excess form so -127 = 2 and 1.875 for the mantissa.
So you have -1 x 2^2 x 1.875=-7.5 lol.

I didn't get the data stream question, it was a bit weird, like how what did X and Y even represent because the coordinates didn't correspond properly. Like wtf is a diagonal line supposed to be lol.

Ross W

HSC
The exponent is in excess form so you take away 127? The IEEE thing was 1 so negative, 129 in excess form so -127 = 2 and 1.875 for the mantissa.
So you have -1 x 2^2 x 1.875=-7.5 lol.

I didn't get the data stream question, it was a bit weird, like how what did X and Y even represent because the coordinates didn't correspond properly. Like wtf is a diagonal line supposed to be lol.
Oh what the data stream was so free. You just had to do X moving 15 down and Y moving 15 down at the same time so in the same stream with the cutter down. And then up move across then down again and move down.

HSC
Oh what the data stream was so free. You just had to do X moving 15 down and Y moving 15 down at the same time so in the same stream with the cutter down. And then up move across then down again and move down.
I have no idea :l How did you even know it was 15? I thought it was 30 or something, I didn't know if the diagonal line it gave at 0,0 ? or something was the start position.

FlyingKanga

The optimistic pessimist.
HSC
Good exam. My inability to comprehend OOP code has deprived me of around 10 marks so I think I hit the mid 80 range. I redrew my structure chart 4 times because it was so messy and I had time to redo it. Didn't wanna risk being given 0 if the marker couldn't read it.

GoldBoa

HSC
Was the issue with the last paradigms question that they put the Swap() Method in the Public members position, which meant that people could modify the array indexes without it being sorted, and that it should be in the private clause? Other than that I couldn't find any errors algorithmically.
That's what I put. I then just wrote junk about how it could causes errors as anyone could access it, to fill up the lines.

xetamine

HSC
Would you not do the whole exam again if you wanted to state rank to remedy any silly mistakes?
I'm starting a full time Software Engineering job on Monday and I'm basically doing the HSC for funsies.

xetamine

HSC
Are you sure it was move down / up (relative)? I interpreted it as what X/Y to move to (absolute), so 15/15, 30/15, 30/30 IIRC.

They didn't specify what representation for negative X/y. If it was relative, they would've included 'sign & modulus, two's complement', etc.

We'll wait until the pdfs are posted!

HSC
Are you sure it was move down / up (relative)? I interpreted it as what X/Y to move to (absolute), so 15/15, 30/15, 30/30 IIRC.

They didn't specify what representation for negative X/y. If it was relative, they would've included 'sign & modulus, two's complement', etc.

We'll wait until the pdfs are posted!
I really don't think anyone will post it up :( Software is such a small cohort across the state. Lol, this thread didn't even go crazy after the exams :/
My cohort was so bad that there was a kid that came 30min late to exam and left 30min after. Another kid left an hour and a bit into the exam, and 3 others who left shortly after.. by the end of 3 hours cohort of 8 people, only me and another kid left lmao.

Edit: Hold on, forgot BOS might post it by next week!

GoldBoa

HSC
I really don't think anyone will post it up :( Software is such a small cohort across the state. Lol, this thread didn't even go crazy after the exams :/
My cohort was so bad that there was a kid that came 30min late to exam and left 30min after. Another kid left an hour and a bit into the exam, and 3 others who left shortly after.. by the end of 3 hours cohort of 8 people, only me and another kid left lmao.

Edit: Hold on, forgot BOS might post it by next week!
I don't anyone could even take the test home considering we had to write in the booklet. XD

ashmank

HSC
If I got a band 6 raw would I ever find out? I'm not ranked first, so the first would get the top mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)