Anyone doing Italian Continuers 2015? :) (1 Viewer)

tfw english

HSC
Nahh 11 units and SOR 1 ain't gonna count. I've never really studied for Italian but I reckon I'll still do decently. tfw english, do you do continuers?
Yeah I do continuers, wbu? I reckon it might be a tough exam

He

HSC
Yeah I do continuers also. I reckon it won't be too bad. Reading and listening should be good. And writing idk should be okay though, I mean you get an hour to write like 275 words, that's like 5 words a minute...

tfw english

HSC
Yeah I do continuers also. I reckon it won't be too bad. Reading and listening should be good. And writing idk should be okay though, I mean you get an hour to write like 275 words, that's like 5 words a minute...
Listening better be good haha, writing is my weakest section, but if the questions are good I should be fine. And yeah the time allocated to writing is great, I'll do that and it leaves more for reading, etc

tfw english

HSC
Anch'io! But I think I'll end up still stressing up until our HSC results come out lol
From tomorrow at 5pm, I am not doing anything for 4 months lol, can't wait. But yeah, the results part of it will be stressful, I don't even want to see them. How do you think you went in the speaking exam earlier in the year?

MysteryMoon

HSC
From tomorrow at 5pm, I am not doing anything for 4 months lol, can't wait. But yeah, the results part of it will be stressful, I don't even want to see them. How do you think you went in the speaking exam earlier in the year?
Hahahaaaa....yeah...lol I don't even know how I did myself xD

I think I did well with the first question about family (since I memorized like four lines on it before she cut me off) but then she began asking me other questions that were reworded I think and then at that point I kinda messed up. Managed to make up some stuff on the spot but I think there were like a few long pauses. I only managed to give long, fluent answers during the last two minutes >_<
The lady was really nice tho, but I remembered the last question she asked me was like "are you going to schoolies?" Honestly, I didn't even know what schoolies are so I told her that in Italian. She just laughed haha.
So...I guess I did well. Hoping for a 60-0% mark for that.
How did the speaking go for you?

MysteryMoon

HSC
BTW do you remember what number you were? I think I was around forty something lol (just curious xp)

tfw english

HSC
Hahahaaaa....yeah...lol I don't even know how I did myself xD

I think I did well with the first question about family (since I memorized like four lines on it before she cut me off) but then she began asking me other questions that were reworded I think and then at that point I kinda messed up. Managed to make up some stuff on the spot but I think there were like a few long pauses. I only managed to give long, fluent answers during the last two minutes >_<
The lady was really nice tho, but I remembered the last question she asked me was like "are you going to schoolies?" Honestly, I didn't even know what schoolies are so I told her that in Italian. She just laughed haha.
So...I guess I did well. Hoping for a 60-0% mark for that.
How did the speaking go for you?
Haha that doesn't sound too bad! The lady I had was really nice too, we made jokes and all that which helped calm my nerves. But it went alright, I had a pause once or twice and I also had to make stuff up, but I hope I did alright, it just sucks that we never actually know our mark for that

MysteryMoon

HSC
Haha that doesn't sound too bad! The lady I had was really nice too, we made jokes and all that which helped calm my nerves. But it went alright, I had a pause once or twice and I also had to make stuff up, but I hope I did alright, it just sucks that we never actually know our mark for that
IKR! And it's out of 20 marks :'( They combine the marks reading, speaking, listening and writing tasks together, right? That must be a lot lol

tfw english

HSC
IKR! And it's out of 20 marks :'( They combine the marks reading, speaking, listening and writing tasks together, right? That must be a lot lol
They must make it harder for themselves by doing that honestly. But I'm hoping for a band 5, that'd be great

He

HSC
Do you guys speak any Italian at home or with relatives?

He

HSC
Yeah, my whole family is italian, but we don't speak it at home cause my parents are fluent in English. Either way, I hear a fair bit of Italian cause my parents talk on the phone and Italian TV is on all the time etc.

tfw english

HSC
Yeah, my whole family is italian, but we don't speak it at home cause my parents are fluent in English. Either way, I hear a fair bit of Italian cause my parents talk on the phone and Italian TV is on all the time etc.
That's pretty good then, you'd have listening skills down pat then haha

MysteryMoon

HSC
Do you guys speak any Italian at home or with relatives?
Nope :) My whole family's asian lol

But I think I know more Italian than my own language haha (apart from English)

Last edited:

He

HSC
Yeah. That's why I do a lot better in listening and reading rather than actually formulating my own Italian in speaking and writing. How long have you been studying Italian for?

tfw english

HSC
Yeah. That's why I do a lot better in listening and reading rather than actually formulating my own Italian in speaking and writing. How long have you been studying Italian for?
Quite a while, 5 years I think? Started really basic, and then picked up on the proper stuff at the beginning of the continuers course, and basically learnt from there. What about yourself?

He

HSC
Well as I child I learnt some as I spent a lot of time with my nonni who don't speak english very well. But formally I started in year 8. Just at school though, I never wanted to go to saturday school.

He

HSC
If I wasn't Italian, there is no way I would be bothered enough to learn another language. I really admire the fact that you chose to study even though you aren't Italian. To be honest, I found the whole HSC Italian course to be very boring, as did the rest of my class. I only picked it because I thought I could get a good mark with minimum effort, but really I would have preferred chemistry.

tfw english

HSC
If I wasn't Italian, there is no way I would be bothered enough to learn another language. I really admire the fact that you chose to study even though you aren't Italian. To be honest, I found the whole HSC Italian course to be very boring, as did the rest of my class. I only picked it because I thought I could get a good mark with minimum effort, but really I would have preferred chemistry.
In hindsight, I should've chose something else, but I don't regret it too much. I've always been keen to learn another language and this was a great way to do it, and I love it, so I guess it pays off. But yeah, having no one to talk to in Italian on a regular basis made it a little difficult but it's been good learning everything anyway. There's only 3 others in my class and 4 beginners, and it was a really fun class, gonna miss it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)