What would you like to see on BOS? (1 Viewer)

D94

HSC
N/A
Here is an good idea.

How about BOS show who is looking at your profile in real time?

e.g.

nerdasdasd

Currently viewed by brent012, braintic ... instead of last viewed.

*Only you can see this not others*
This suggestion is so low priority that it will never appear on the radar.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Introduce more of those titles (i.e. Moderator, Super Moderator, etc.)

There are members of the community whose contributions in certain areas are beyond all others and they deserve a title

For instance:

D94 has successfully established one of the largest publically available raw marks databases and transformed it into a nice website

dan964 has the largest collection of past papers from different schools and has organised it conveniently, perhaps the name HSC Resource Manager?

InteGrand contributes heavily to the maths and science forums

Not sure if this has been put forward before but what do you think?

I feel as if it wouldn't be favourtism since most of members of the community would agree that people like the aforementioned three have made outstanding contributions and deserve recognition :)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad

There are members of the community whose contributions in certain areas are beyond all others and they deserve a title

For instance:

D94 has successfully established one of the largest publically available raw marks databases and transformed it into a nice website

dan964 has the largest collection of past papers from different schools and has organised it conveniently, perhaps the name HSC Resource Manager?

I feel as if it wouldn't be favourtism since most of members of the community would agree that people like the aforementioned three have made outstanding contributions and deserve recognition :)
If people want to be mod, they can apply. They'll probably be accepted if they have contributed enough

braintic

HSC
N/A
I have set up my account so that the newest posts in a thread are at the top of a page - which means I need to go to the end of the thread to see the original question.
I think most people have the reverse.

Instead, could it be set up so that the original question is highlighted at the top of the page, while the rest of the comments follow in reverse chronological order below.

And allow the possibility of permanently hiding individual posts in a thread (not just all posts from the same poster).

And it it possible to get a visual equation editor instead of a text-based one? Latex requires too much learning - you can play with a visual editor to see its capabilities without having to look up commands. And much fewer keystrokes.

Last edited:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

For instance:

We've had a system like this in place before, and rather than give recognition to deserving posters, it segregated the community.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
We've had a system like this in place before, and rather than give recognition to deserving posters, it segregated the community.
If people want to be mod, they can apply.

Pretty much this. We're open to any user applying for the mod team. If they don't want to be a moderator, they can remain a user and still contribute to the site that way. There isn't really a need for separate ranks/usergroups.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
kinda like supermarket psychology. put all the items that everyone needs at the back of the store so they ahve to go through all the other shit first. so all these hsc 12vies want to go to their forum, we can encourage them to browse through our other shit.

also for lazy kients like me, so i dont need to scroll

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
kinda like supermarket psychology. put all the items that everyone needs at the back of the store so they ahve to go through all the other shit first. so all these hsc 12vies want to go to their forum, we can encourage them to browse through our other shit.

Nah, on the internet, if people don't find what they need immediately they bounce.

spatula232

HSC
Add a Subject Advice sub forum in the Yr 9 & 10 section -- Heaps of people post about it and it was actually the main reason I joined bos -- if it already exists and I'm blind or whatever ignore this :)

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC

lmao so true

markdown/ damaged items section amirite

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
what happened the site got upgraded, its looking good, but some fixes are needed at the bottom of the page.

Kolmias

HSC
Hey,

At the bottom of the page, can you rempve the link to Biki as it is out of date?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)