swagmeister's HSC journey (1 Viewer)

swagmeister

HSC

swagmeister

HSC
So today I didn't get that much done, really just English which I spent a good 3.5 hours on - there was this big homework task I didn't include in my planning. Either way it is a subject I tend to avoid so pretty happy with that. Didn't really get to reflect and prepare for the week ahead that much but will do that tomorrow morning. Tomorrow I want to do the maths homework before school cause right now it puts me slightly behind, that's OK though I probably only need to do about an hour. Overall I am happy with this weekend albeit a slow start and procrastination but talking English has made me feel really good going into the week ahead.

#thegamecontinues

swagmeister

HSC
Ahh English, how I love spendong 40 minutes making notes and only getting through 5 of the 200 pages. And I was focused as well. Maybe I shouldn't be recording characters feelings and that kind of thing? Still struggling so much but I will keep getting better :)

swagmeister

HSC
This week I hit 2 hours of work most nights. One problem I am having is every time I see something in a textbook I think 'what if they ask that specific question in that specific way' and put it in my notes, meaning they are ridiculously long. This weekend for my focus I want to start my Eco assignment and finish reading english text second time including annotations as well as catching up on IPT notes. I want to aim for 1 hour per subject for sat and sun, we'll see how that goes!

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Remember to compete with yourself, not with others, remember to reward yourself if you do manage to keep a long enough concentration span, the most important tip about success in HSC is consistency in study patterns, habits and goals, so make sure you do make some self-discipline and try your very best to study efficiently in all the time you have. Best wishes for your HSC journey:)

swagmeister

HSC
Currently stressing out heaps about my first HSC assesement due this Wednesday...

swagmeister

HSC
So there hasn't been a post for a while, but that has been because of the frantic nature of my first lot of assessments. While I tried to do them in advance as much as possible, most of them I found I was doing a lot of work on the night before. I really felt the pressure with my Adv. English visual rep task as it was the third assessment due within 7 days. I ended up staying up till 10pm and then getting up at 4am in order to finish it and I feel like I could have done a bit better. Overall though I feel very confident that I am working towards my goals as I have achieved rank 1 in every assessment so far except for English where I hope to get above average. My lowest mark of the 4 assessments I have gotten back was 93%.

I am currently developing a study plan for the holidays and setting goals for where I want to be up to for each subject. I plan to work for 4 solid hours in a day for about 20 days in the holidays as well as read my english texts and stay up to date with the Business and Economics news. I am taking about two weeks off to have a break in the middle of the holidays to re-energise. My plan for working days is as follows:

6am - go for a run
7am - breakfast and economics/business news on TV
8am to 1pm - on and off study to get the 4 hours in
1pm - workout then lunch
2pm - hit the beach for the rest of the day

It seems pretty full on but I am going to start it the day after school ends so it pretty much seems like a normal transition and even less work then I would be doing at school.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
I am taking about two weeks off to have a break in the middle of the holidays to re-energise.
Solid schedule and plan OP. However i highly recommend that you don't take a "small break" right at the beginning of the holidays and just work from day 1 until you have your 2 week break. It is very easy to become complacent in that case

Good luck

swagmeister

HSC
Belated update: this journal was really lacking, but I did beat my target ATAR

Simorgh

HSC
Belated update: this journal was really lacking, but I did beat my target ATAR
Congratz on the ATAR mate! What course did you end up doing?

Btw how did you get top marks for Eco? Eco is a like a subject I am really passionate about topping and doing well in unlike all my other subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)