2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leehuan

HSC
You guys all be stressing out over half yearly exams (like I did back then) but meanwhile I'm like fuck I have uni exams soon.

Shuuya

HSC
You guys all be stressing out over half yearly exams (like I did back then) but meanwhile I'm like fuck I have uni exams soon.
Whattt uni just started though :O

StudiousStudent

HSC
My English teacher gave us homework today. We had to write a 500 word essay. I've just spent the last two hours typing it on the Mac (which sounds like a freakin jet about to launch), and the last 10 minutes admiring my work (ego like Hemingway). Mission accomplished I though :tennisclap:
Then, as I was putting it in my folder I happend to notice hand write - sorry, I don't compute.

So now I'll get no sleep, because I am one slow writer. Who hand writes these days?

Shuuya

HSC
My English teacher gave us homework today. We had to write a 500 word essay. I've just spent the last two hours typing it on the Mac (which sounds like a freakin jet about to launch), and the last 10 minutes admiring my work (ego like Hemingway). Mission accomplished I though :tennisclap:
Then, as I was putting it in my folder I happend to notice hand write - sorry, I don't compute.

So now I'll get no sleep, because I am one slow writer. Who hand writes these days?
I would probably just hand in the typed version, unless your teacher is super crazy

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
I HAVE 0 EXAMS THIS SEMESTER HAHAHAHAHHAHAA

All four of my units just have essays due during the last week of sem, so during STUVAC and exam period mcchickennnn will be a freeeeee elf

But I have weekly quizzes for one unit and the other three units have 3-6 quizzes throughout the semester, among other writing tasks.

leehuan

HSC

How is that even possible? I've never written an essay <850 words unless it was the 5-6 marker in paper 1 section 1

leehuan

HSC
I HAVE 0 EXAMS THIS SEMESTER HAHAHAHAHHAHAA

All four of my units just have essays due during the last week of sem, so during STUVAC and exam period mcchickennnn will be a freeeeee elf

But I have weekly quizzes for one unit and the other three units have 3-6 quizzes throughout the semester, among other writing tasks.
I prefer exams way more than assignments though.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Message from nerd to all of the posters here that use tapatalk.

You guys have been seeing some dodgy stuff in the image previews cause of the troll. Here is how to stop seeing it (once the post has been deleted).

Disable image previews on tapatalk
open taptalk > settings > Discussion card > (image previews) off

>>> NO MORE image PREVIEWS =)

Ellztrap

HSC
Uni Grad
Half yearly exams week after Easter, we aren't given time off to study and have to go to the athletics carnival two days before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
I prefer exams way more than assignments though.
I always did too during school. But with the structure of university I'd rather that 4-6 week period free at the cost of extra hours during semester.

Who hand writes these days?
They probably want it handwritten to encourage you guys to write more throughout the year. When it comes time for Trials and HSC (and all of the past papers you do in between) you will regret every second of typing you did for the past 10 years as your fingers will be in agony hahahaha.

Jokes aside - feel free to type whenever as it is faster, etc. But when teachers ask for hand-written tasks specifically, just rewrite it after you've typed up the draft as you will do well to continuously handwrite things semi-regularly at least in the lead up to HSC. Your fingers will thank you in the long run.

Ellztrap

HSC
Uni Grad
the Easter break is probs what they consider ample time to revise
I think it was more "oh fuck we don't have anywhere to put it" because some people were away or DE teachers coming down. The last week of school we have a no exam policy so we were kind of stuck haha

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
I think it was more "oh fuck we don't have anywhere to put it" because some people were away or DE teachers coming down. The last week of school we have a no exam policy so we were kind of stuck haha

I know our schools are obvs very different lol but ours didn't give us extra holidays or whatever to study aside from HSC...

The lead-up to Trials, attendance was really spotty but technically we were meant to be in class revising up until Friday 3pm the week before exams commenced,

ml125

HSC
Half yearly exams week after Easter, we aren't given time off to study and have to go to the athletics carnival two days before

You have the life omg >n< They squished all of the yr 12 exams before easter and gave the yr 11s that break to study ;;;

leehuan

HSC
I always did too during school. But with the structure of university I'd rather that 4-6 week period free at the cost of extra hours during semester.

They probably want it handwritten to encourage you guys to write more throughout the year. When it comes time for Trials and HSC (and all of the past papers you do in between) you will regret every second of typing you did for the past 10 years as your fingers will be in agony hahahaha.

Jokes aside - feel free to type whenever as it is faster, etc. But when teachers ask for hand-written tasks specifically, just rewrite it after you've typed up the draft as you will do well to continuously handwrite things semi-regularly at least in the lead up to HSC. Your fingers will thank you in the long run.
Nope I hate assignments forever

leehuan

HSC
Can I ask how you're doing the HSC at 15 haha
I was doing 2U at age 15 anyway.

Got problem?

Also there was this kid that was doing half his HSC at age 11 there was a news article on it last year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)