2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bestintheworld

HSC
OMFG, I COMPLETELY FORGOT THAT IT WAS UCL FINAL!!!
Faarrrr, frickin missed it becoz english got me up all night.
Dammit, havent missed a ucl final since prior 2008 [emoji17]
:lol: it was a pretty awesome match for a final. Atletico did fight hard but in the end Real won as expected :p

that sucks man, did you catch up on the highlights yet?

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
:lol: it was a pretty awesome match for a final. Atletico did fight hard but in the end Real won as expected :p

that sucks man, did you catch up on the highlights yet?
It must have been good if it went to penalties.
No, i didnt even realise i missed it until i read the post just now (didnt go school today so i didnt hear from friends either)
Tbf, i always new real had it, but it was gonna be close

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
I don't know if I want to do the LAT, mainly because I know I'm not going to get in initially as a high school leaver. But I'm unsure if I need LAT as a UNSW undergraduate student next year.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
I think everyone's been telling me "no" for this.

Edit: Definitely not. Refer to FAQ #33 http://www.law.unsw.edu.au/LAT-FAQ
Yeah, because the LAT is not only expensive but really difficult and then the whole 99.something ATAR is also impossible with my Physics subject and okay subjects.

So its good that I can at least get into UNSW Commerce and try for a D or HD (...with a hopefully 95+ ATAR). The guy yesterday told me I needed to do LAT as an undergraduate student TAT I was nearly devastated

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Yep.. Internal transfer doesn't require LAT... Which I find to be a bit weird?
Are you still taking the LAT? I can't consider getting into Law as a high school leaver, I don't think my ATAR would be high enough to even be considered even if I did the LAT.

leehuan

HSC
Yeah, because the LAT is not only expensive but really difficult and then the whole 99.something ATAR is also impossible with my Physics subject and okay subjects.

So its good that I can at least get into UNSW Commerce and try for a D or HD (...with a hopefully 95+ ATAR). The guy yesterday told me I needed to do LAT as an undergraduate student TAT I was nearly devastated
The competition would be huge but, apparently IPT entry into law is possible given just a pass average. I doubt the authenticity of wherever I got that from though.

I think every year they allow x (x approx. 100?) people to transfer in

There's information on this. I just can't be bothered looking for it rn
Yep.. Internal transfer doesn't require LAT... Which I find to be a bit weird?
No not really. Your WAM says more than a test for yr 12 kids.

Last edited:

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
The competition would be huge but, apparently IPT entry into law is possible given just a pass average. I doubt the authenticity of wherever I got that from though.

I think every year they allow x (x approx. 100?) people to transfer in

Yeah, I was thinking of trying my best in smashing out Commerce or Commerce/Economics, whichever I decide to take and if I get in, and then try for an internal transfer into Law/Comm. Haven't really discussed this with my parents, I don't want them to start pushing me around, so I'm doing a lot of research by myself.

leehuan

HSC
Yeah, I was thinking of trying my best in smashing out Commerce or Commerce/Economics, whichever I decide to take and if I get in, and then try for an internal transfer into Law/Comm. Haven't really discussed this with my parents, I don't want them to start pushing me around, so I'm doing a lot of research by myself.
Then do WAM boosters such as ECON1101 when you enter.

I single out that one though because that's supposed to be an easy HD for you

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
Are you still taking the LAT? I can't consider getting into Law as a high school leaver, I don't think my ATAR would be high enough to even be considered even if I did the LAT.
Yas I'm taking it! You should do it! It's pretty expensive though |: But cheaper that UMAT. I think you should go for it!

That's true. But I thought it would have a similar relationship like the GAMSAT and Med.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
And yes - UNSW have a guaranteed 100 internal transfers to Law.

leehuan

HSC
Yas I'm taking it! You should do it! It's pretty expensive though |: But cheaper that UMAT. I think you should go for it!

That's true. But I thought it would have a similar relationship like the GAMSAT and Med.
LAT was only introduced because undeserving people got into law. They killed off 4U maths and then struggled with the new environment.

The nature of medicine is different to all other degrees...

Watch me next year roll around LOL
Did you really think I wouldn't be keeping a close eye on you

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
:( Nah, mainly because my passion for Law is not as crazy as my passion for Finance in Commerce. So I see Law as something I want to study out of curiosity and interest. Whereas, Commerce is both something I most likely want to do in the future and interested in learning about.

In all honesty, I want to research on Actuarial Studies as well and see if it should be a field of interest that I should be considering, but it seems so maths-y as Roo makes it out to be.

Did you really think I wouldn't be keeping a close eye on you
Going to make sure all my schedules never hit with yours >:D HEHEHEHEHHEE

Last edited:

leehuan

HSC
:( Nah, mainly because my passion for Law is not as crazy as my passion for Finance in Commerce. So I see Law as something I want to study out of curiosity and interest. Whereas, Commerce is both something I most likely want to do in the future and interested in learning about.

In all honesty, I want to research on Actuarial Studies as well and see if it should be a field of interest that I should be considering, but it seems so maths-y as Roo makes it out to be.

Going to make sure all my schedules never hit with yours >:D HEHEHEHEHHEE
You're not escaping me even with different schedules

tbh anyone who has decent skill in maths can get through the degree if they try. Don't have to be at or beyond my level of maths to do it; most of my friends in MATH1151 are equally smart as me...or below I suppose (wow tfw I don't associate irl with people smarter than me???)

And even then after first year, half the maths you learn in actl won't be useful at all for the rest of the actuaries degree

Like, if you wanna do research into actuarial and try for it I will happily guide you along the way, it's just I don't feel it's the most suited for you

Last edited:

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
You're not escaping me even with different schedules

tbh anyone who has decent skill in maths can get through the degree if they try. Don't have to be at or beyond my level of maths to do it; most of my friends in MATH1151 are equally smart as me...or below I suppose (wow tfw I don't associate irl with people smarter than me???)

And even then after first year, half the maths you learn in actl won't be useful at all for the rest of the actuaries degree

Like, if you wanna do research into actuarial and try for it I will happily guide you along the way, it's just I don't feel it's the most suited for you
HEHEHEHEHEHE WATCH ME.

Yeah, I want to do myself a service and just relax from maths. If Actuarial is heavy on statistics and hard maths, I won't consider it. I want to give myself a break from all that maths that my parents made me do and just be fine with the baby maths in Commerce LOL

But I definitely should do some research on it and not neglect the option, just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)