UNSW chit chat thread (1 Viewer)

SammyT123

HSC
Re: UNSW chit chat thread 2017

wam boosters are relative to the person

Like I would say biochem cos I put in about 20% effort but got 90+
Astronomy I put more effort and got 80+
Psych 1A I thought would be a wam booster but I fucked up and got 70

My best suggestion is that if u are billingual then do a beginners or intermediate subject for that language, and it will boost your wam
I speak another language but I don't know how to write it

Im doing a commerce degree so I have like 0 Chem knowledge (aside to HSC) , would u still recommend ?

Probs doing ARTS2374 and something else

Edit : JK's Hindi isn't taught at UNSW lol

Last edited:

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A

I speak another language but I don't know how to write it

Im doing a commerce degree so I have like 0 Chem knowledge (aside to HSC) , would u still recommend ?

Probs doing ARTS2374 and something else

Edit : JK's Hindi isn't taught at UNSW lol
Nope lmao nvm

Theres this new gen ed that popped upp I think I linked it earlier

since it is the first time the course is running they will go easy on people i reckon

and a lot of people suggest this

http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/courses/2017/SCIF1004.html

SammyT123

HSC

Nope lmao nvm

Theres this new gen ed that popped upp I think I linked it earlier

since it is the first time the course is running they will go easy on people i reckon

and a lot of people suggest this

http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/courses/2017/SCIF1004.html
SOMS1501 looks aight (I'm always reading about murder too) but I'd rather take something thats a known wam booster

Anyone here have deets about SCIF1004?
Seems pree fun/ez

-Senpai

HSC

myUNSW just keeps crashing everytime I try to pick a gen ed and/or it just doesn't recognise any course codes in the latest handbook :/

-Senpai

HSC

myUNSW just keeps crashing everytime I try to pick a gen ed and/or it just doesn't recognise any course codes in the latest handbook :/
Also can someone confirm if they're offering Brave New World for the Summer sem because it seems to produce the error code :/

SammyT123

HSC

nah its not available summer sem
took Ways of reasoning instead (ARTS2374)

Does anyone know why forster college is so cheap?

edit: jks its for rural medical students

Last edited:

mreditor16

HSC

For those of you haven't read your emails:

"I am writing to advise of a change in UNSW charging policy for Summer Term 2017/8.

Current policy

In recent years UNSW Business School has elected to charge Commonwealth supported students enrolled in Business courses during Summer Term, the Domestic Fee paying tuition rate, in line with the Higher Education Support Act (HESA).

This meant that Commonwealth Supported students undertaking a course within the UNSW Business School in Summer Term were not eligible for the subsidised Commonwealth Supported contribution rates during Summer Term, but instead were charged the full Domestic Fee paying tuition rate.

What has changed?

UNSW Business School have advised that they no longer wish to charge the Domestic Fee paying tuition rate to all students in Summer Term. This change will apply from Summer Term 2017/8 onwards and will not be retrospectively applied to previous years.

What does this mean?

This means that any Commonwealth supported student enrolling in any course at UNSW in Summer 2017/8 will retain their Commonwealth supported status and be charged the subsidised student contribution amounts and, if eligible, be able to defer their tuition under HECS-HELP.

What do you need to do now?

Nothing. If you are enrolled in Summer Term and are eligible, you will automatically be charged the subsidised student contribution amount and if you are eligible, you will be able to defer payment of your tuition fees under HECS-HELP."

-Senpai

HSC

For those of you haven't read your emails:

"I am writing to advise of a change in UNSW charging policy for Summer Term 2017/8.

Current policy

In recent years UNSW Business School has elected to charge Commonwealth supported students enrolled in Business courses during Summer Term, the Domestic Fee paying tuition rate, in line with the Higher Education Support Act (HESA).

This meant that Commonwealth Supported students undertaking a course within the UNSW Business School in Summer Term were not eligible for the subsidised Commonwealth Supported contribution rates during Summer Term, but instead were charged the full Domestic Fee paying tuition rate.

What has changed?

UNSW Business School have advised that they no longer wish to charge the Domestic Fee paying tuition rate to all students in Summer Term. This change will apply from Summer Term 2017/8 onwards and will not be retrospectively applied to previous years.

What does this mean?

This means that any Commonwealth supported student enrolling in any course at UNSW in Summer 2017/8 will retain their Commonwealth supported status and be charged the subsidised student contribution amounts and, if eligible, be able to defer their tuition under HECS-HELP.

What do you need to do now?

Nothing. If you are enrolled in Summer Term and are eligible, you will automatically be charged the subsidised student contribution amount and if you are eligible, you will be able to defer payment of your tuition fees under HECS-HELP."
I'm spewing so hard that they made this announcement after all Summer school positions re my uncompleted commerce subjects were filled up :/

-Senpai

HSC

Anyone here know much about management consulting in Australia?

A PM or response here would be much appreciated :)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

What do you mean by know much about management consulting? As in what it is or the current job market for it or what the job involves?

-Senpai

HSC

Anyone know when they're releasing the course outlines for summer school subjects?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)