How early should i be studying for the HSC? Can be too early? (1 Viewer)

Stringy1

HSC
Hey!

My studying 3 weeks before going back to term 3 (the term of the trials) consists of, flashcards on every topic correlating to syllabus dot-points, edrolo, study notes.
In the 4 weeks before trials, I'm going to be aiming for at least 10 past papers each week, this totals 40 at the end of the month.

Is studying the 3 weeks before im even back at school too early? Will it be a waste of my time memorising flashcards?

notthedevil

I love the Pakenham line
HSC
Probably not, just cause there's so much content covered in each subject. Earlier you start the better I think

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Hey!

My studying 3 weeks before going back to term 3 (the term of the trials) consists of, flashcards on every topic correlating to syllabus dot-points, edrolo, study notes.
In the 4 weeks before trials, I'm going to be aiming for at least 10 past papers each week, this totals 40 at the end of the month.

Is studying the 3 weeks before im even back at school too early? Will it be a waste of my time memorising flashcards?
That's a good work ethic and no, it's not bad. Just make sure you don't burn out and be like "ceebs" after trials since the past papers are more important for HSC!

gallen88

HSC
I agree with Pikachu975, if anything you're giving yourself an advantage because you're continuously revising the content and this will help you in the long term. You won't be cramming for the Trials and HSC. You'll also be retaining and understanding the content of each course more efficiently. However, do make sure you don't burn out and go "stuff the external exams" due to exhaustion. Also don't ignore the rest of your internal assessments, while the HSC external is 50% of the final mark, internals are also important too. : )

You have great work ethic and I'm sure with that work ethic you will do great in the HSC. However, please don't burn yourself out too soon!!!

Good luck,
Gallen88

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Although I applaud your study ethic, I hope you remember that HSC is a marathon and you should be taking some time out for yourself to do things you enjoy. I crammed myself in a room and lost almost all of my social life in Year 12 to get a good ATAR and even before that to prepare myself for study habits that helped me to get a good ATAR, but in retrospect, I could definitely have felt much more mentally happier if I went out a bit more and had some fun. Don't let your life stop during HSC, study is also not the only thing that is important in your life, I hope you still make time for your family and friends because these are the people who will remain in your life after the HSC, whilst the HSC will eventually not be a part of your life. Yes it is good to study early, but don't get burnt out and take care of your physical and mental health, because that's what will sustain you and get you over the line in a happier, not just smarter state in the end. And when possible, enjoy this journey of learning-and not just for the sake of marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)