Recommended biology textbooks (1 Viewer)

biologyperson

HSC
Hi all. I'm considering taking biology, and want to start reading ahead.
What are the recommended textbooks that you use in school (for both Year 11 & 12)?
Thank you!

Anh4life

HSC
What are the recommended textbooks that you use in school (for both Year 11 & 12)?
Thank you!
Pearson books are really good. I’m currently using the Biology In Focus book. It’s really good too. But I recommend Pearson books

spyder101

HSC
Pearson books are really good. I’m currently using the Biology In Focus book. It’s really good too. But I recommend Pearson books
ye for chem its the best but for bio its useless

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
I used biology in focus, concise and simple - but I always recommend learning content in depth so use other sources as well when you go in depth later on.

Jes03

HSC
Thank you!
Hi,
I am studying Bio in Qld and at my school, there is an actual specific Oxford textbook for this subject. I have heard about the Pearson ones too. If you want a general introduction about Biology, please use what other people have suggested but if you're more interested in understanding syllabus content, I recommend purchasing the hardcopy textbook. However, it is divided into unit 1 and 2 (year 11) & unit 3 and 4 (year 12).

Kyufruit

HSC
After getting either Pearson or In Focus, get blitzing biology, it’s a good practical book.
Oh and atar notes is good too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)