French or Spanish beginners? help (1 Viewer)

sami90210

HSC
Should I do french or Spanish beginners with NSL?
I have some knowledge of both but can comprehend french much better.
However, I know that Spanish will help me a lot more in the future as it is more useful, and I can learn Italian if I know Spanish.
Please advice me ASAP as I need to submit the enrolment forms.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi,

You should do the one that you like more. Spanish is easier to learn than French (that's what most people say but French is my first language so I can't really relate), but since you can understand French much better, you might find French easier.
French is also very useful to learn other European languages, and it shares some similarities with Italian and Spanish.
You should also think in terms of academic performance: will you get higher marks in French or Spanish?

I am happy to help you with French in case you end up choosing it.

Good luck!

RossoneriAU

HSC
Should I do french or Spanish beginners with NSL?
I have some knowledge of both but can comprehend french much better.
However, I know that Spanish will help me a lot more in the future as it is more useful, and I can learn Italian if I know Spanish.
Please advice me ASAP as I need to submit the enrolment forms.
Both are useful tbh. French is more useful for Middle-Eastern, African and some European countries like Belgium, whilst Spanish would probably be more useful for Central/South America and the US. Just depends which you prefer.

In regards to learning Italian, I feel that learning Spanish first would make it easier than learning French first

Kyufruit

HSC
Taking french beginners at the moment, I love it and it’s easy. However, if Spanish will help you more later in life, take Spanish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)