how many hours of study (1 Viewer)

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
wtf what school is this???? i wish my school did that
Parramatta Marist (it's gone downhill now lol since the old principal retired cause most of the reasons the school was improving was cause of him but yeah used to be a very good school)

jojosiwa123

HSC
wtf what school is this???? i wish my school did that
I think every school used to do heaps of exams and assessments though, they changed it w the new syllabus I don't think anyones allowed to do that now...aren't trials our first major test (at least they were for us..)?? and any other tests have to be topic tests they can't give us a big 3hr exam other than trials

beetree1

HSC
I think every school used to do heaps of exams and assessments though, they changed it w the new syllabus I don't think anyones allowed to do that now...aren't trials our first major test (at least they were for us..)?? and any other tests have to be topic tests they can't give us a big 3hr exam other than trials
They did used to make everyone do a bunch of exams as they were all weighted very little, but never to the extent where they finish content in term 2 ......

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Well they weren't allowed then as well but yeah it was less like regulated but they've made the rules a bit more stricter now. When I did HSC other schools were still doing 1 trial only

beetree1

HSC
Parramatta Marist (it's gone downhill now lol since the old principal retired cause most of the reasons the school was improving was cause of him but yeah used to be a very good school)
Thats unfortunate :( Their 2020 math papers are super hard though..

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Thats unfortunate :( Their 2020 math papers are super hard though..
Yeah maths was always the best subject at the school for Band 6 rate cause we had like accelerated classes for Year 11 people to do HSC and some really good teachers so yeah that's probably why the exams were hard

beetree1

HSC
Yeah maths was always the best subject at the school for Band 6 rate cause we had like accelerated classes for Year 11 people to do HSC and some really good teachers so yeah that's probably why the exams were hard
interesting.....

Xanthi

HSC
You can probably get away still with 3 sets of trials by calling them under 1 assessment task "trial exams" lol.

Then there's trial exam 1/3, 2/3 And 3/3. But each can only be worth 10%. Very scary as you can't afford to screw up a single one.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
i went same school lol nah legit 3 different trial periods 😂 1 in term 2 week 7-8 , 2 in term 3 from week 2-3 and then like 7-8. yeah I know our school is mad
Yeah I found it pretty good tbh, while friends in other schools were stressing about the HSC exams, for us it was normal because we went through it 3 times already LOL

turtle67

HSC
I have been studying for 9-10 hours a day since the week after trials. It has been pretty helpful in consolidating my knowledge and skills, especially for Maths as there are an unlimited supply of past papers to do - I have finished all the new syllabus trial papers and am now doing all the HSC papers from 1977+

Contrary to what the above person said, I actually did decent in trials and am just studying more so that I can get perfect scores in the HSC lol. So I guess it all depends on what your goals are.
I'm going into year 12 next term so I'm not too sure about the new maths syllabus but do you think the papers from 1977+ are mostly the same as the new syllabus? (for adv and ext 1)

turtle67

HSC
eng 98
3u math 67/70
4u 97
eco 95
legal 98
Far out well done :)). How did you do so well in English??? Like with the new syllabus I think its just so hard to prepare, especially for craft of writing ://

大きい男

HSC
I'm going into year 12 next term so I'm not too sure about the new maths syllabus but do you think the papers from 1977+ are mostly the same as the new syllabus? (for adv and ext 1)
Old HSC papers are definitely helpful because of the significant overlap between the old and new syllabuses. If you look at the sample papers published by nesa, most of the questions came from past HSCs, except for the questions from new topics

beetree1

HSC
Far out well done :)). How did you do so well in English??? Like with the new syllabus I think its just so hard to prepare, especially for craft of writing ://
I prepped like 6 mod c pieces and one of them fit quite well so

For human experience, anyone can get 20/20 if they do enough past papers!! We are actually very lucky to be the 2nd year for the new syllabus so

Xanthi

HSC
I prepped like 6 mod c pieces and one of them fit quite well so

For human experience, anyone can get 20/20 if they do enough past papers!! We are actually very lucky to be the 2nd year for the new syllabus so
20/20 on paper 1 section 1 is incredibly difficult. Too easy to lose 1 mark per question and that's already 15/20.

How do you memorise so many pieces also? Wow 6 Mod C!

beetree1

HSC
20/20 on paper 1 section 1 is incredibly difficult. Too easy to lose 1 mark per question and that's already 15/20.

How do you memorise so many pieces also? Wow 6 Mod C!
Oh because 60% of my cohort got 20 for trials and they were externally marked and my practice responses sometimes get 20 from my teachers so idk maybe just me..
I memorised 8 paragraphs each for mod a and b

Xanthi

HSC
Oh because 60% of my cohort got 20 for trials and they were externally marked and my practice responses sometimes get 20 from my teachers so idk maybe just me..
I'm assuming you memorise 8 paragraphs worth of quotes than 8 actual paragraphs? As in you write new analysis on the spot?

jojosiwa123

HSC
with those 8 paragraphs- were they just general and then you adapted them to your actual essay question? how'd you seperate them eg by theme or...?
how'd you end up going for mod a and b in trials if you don't mind sharing haha

beetree1

HSC
I'm assuming you memorise 8 paragraphs worth of quotes than 8 actual paragraphs? As in you write new analysis on the spot?
No i meant full paragraphs - essentially 2 essays (each mod a and b essay consist of 4 paragraphs)
Jokes for mod b I memorised 10 paragraphs bc we have multiple texts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)