What was the lowest atar in James Ruse? (1 Viewer)

kkk579

hello
HSC
the people too, i’ve heard a lot of stories abt private schools being full of rich, entitled snobs(obvs not everyone) and i wouldn’t be able to stand being in that environment 5 days a week.

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
i meant in terms of academics.
Yeah academics would be superior in every way (I thought that was implied lol). Yeah but the environment that you're is also important, ie top selective schools are great in all areas relating to that.

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
the people too, i’ve heard a lot of stories abt private schools being full of snobs and i wouldn’t be able to stand being in that environment 5 days a week.
Depends what school you attend + what classes. There are most definitely going to see rich little snobs, but they usually start failing classes and then you don't need to worry about them eventually. I've had a case where this happened. One kid continually boasted about how he was gonna become dux and he always rubbed into other people's faces that he has scholarship (him trying to express his superiority). After all that he comes straight into classes averaging 60-70% grades. But he still kept on boasting- a few terms go by he tries to cheat his way to get more time during assignments and the teachers caught on.

Bro now that I'm reflecting on this, I feel like this isn't the right school for me lmfao

...xD

HSC
the people too, i’ve heard a lot of stories abt private schools being full of rich, entitled snobs(obvs not everyone) and i wouldn’t be able to stand being in that environment 5 days a week.
I thought that was true too before I swapped. Sure there are a few people that show off their wealth, but the vast majority are actually quite humble and friendly. And no cap I feel like seeing the minority showing off their houses, luxury items etc just motivates me to work harder (as I am from a middle class family).

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
Yeah I bought about 6 pairs of airpods and 2 pairs of pros bc I wanted to try and fit in (I only bought a lot bc I kept losing them and then refinding them after I buy a new one). Then it was apple watches, then it was this and that... One trhing I learned from that was.. nobody cared, it was just that tyhey could afford them.

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
do the facilities matter that much-- even if you had a scholarship it's still 10-15k/yr which i find crazy
uniform probably stupidly expensive too
bro its about 400-500 for full set of uniforms 💀 we also need to change to sports in school during pd

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
Nah I only did it to fit it... Du is still expensive, but it fits my style of studies and the environemnt is perfect in my opinion and hence why I do it despite its demanding asking price.

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
Ok having multiple pairs was a lil excessive, but thats bc I lost them, I could sell them whenever yk? just haven't found the time yet

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
I thought that was true too before I swapped. Sure there are a few people that show off their wealth, but the vast majority are actually quite humble and friendly. And no cap I feel like seeing the minority showing off their houses, luxury items etc just motivates me to work harder (as I am from a middle class family).
yeah definately man. Some are spoilt brats but lots of people are also pretty damn humble. You just need to be around the right people

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
Bro no way in fk is the women's uniform more 💀 We're talking (In private schools) Men have to wear formal shirt, shoes, socks, hat, blazer, coat(approx 300 alone), tie, etc. In private schools I think all they were is the dress and blazer which is way less. ALthough this maydiffer from school to school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)