jc7726

HSC
sdd I'm scared of all the legal and license and approach stuff

also our option topic, IEEE takes so damn long to figure out
what option topic do you have? we are doing programming paradigms

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
It's not as impressive as it seems, the first test was just the easy theory parts and our major project was split into 2 assessments (not sure if that's common/standard?)
we had our project proposal (94%), test (89%), project (95% but I'm hoping to get it bumped up a few marks bc I lost four marks for one single GUI flaw) and then our trial --and I'm coming borderline first - I'd say its pretty impressive 😭

jc7726

HSC
we're doing binary stuff

does that mean you have to learn OOP?
imperative (+ OOP which is just a superset) and declarative (logic). They used to do functional as well as logic as part of declarative but i think that was removed from the syllabus. It's not too bad, imma be honest the boolean algebra and register diagram qs just look confusing to me

the algo thing
tysm!

dav53521

HSC
That stuff is pretty much just memories each one and use the question/scenario given to choose the best one and just justify. If you choose a decent one for the given question/scenario and justify it correctly then it shouldn't be that hard

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
That stuff is pretty much just memories each one and use the question/scenario given to choose the best one and just justify. If you choose a decent one and justify it correctly then it shouldn't be that hard
its all the specific copyright licenses and the piracy examples -- are you saying I only need to know a few well??
it's more when I need to think of them on the spot, but if I'm given a question re them with a prompt I can explain well

dav53521

HSC
its all the specific copyright licenses and the piracy examples -- are you saying I only need to know a few well??
it's more when I need to think of them on the spot, but if I'm given a question re them with a prompt I can explain well
I mean the licenses aren't that hard as there aren't that many and the more standard ones are quite straight forward and tbh I never learnt piracy examples but I probably just memorised them or smth like that. But it's best to learn as many as possible preferably all as a just in case.

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
@dav53521 Do you have tips for converting into/from IEEE754?? sometimes I get overloaded with all the digits on my page and just can't get the answer

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
also @dav53521, I know that the iDeA at uts is a scholarship that I'm hoping to apply for - what were the atar requirements and processes for entry like?

dav53521

HSC
@dav53521 Do you have tips for converting into/from IEEE754?? sometimes I get overloaded with all the digits on my page and just can't get the answer
Been some time since I last did it but I would say practice and write down stuff if needed. Like iirc it was quite confusing at first but the more you do it and understand it, it tends to get easier but it is quite easy to make mistakes if rushed as it can be quite the pain in the ass under pressure

dav53521

HSC
also @dav53521, I know that the iDeA at uts is a scholarship that I'm hoping to apply for - what were the atar requirements and processes for entry like?
I don't think there's an exact ATAR requirement and because IDeA was brand new when I did it, not that many people applied so it was kinda easier to get in but I would say look at the BIT co-op ATAR requirements as it's somewhat similar in terms of selecting students for the course.

The process for entry was pretty much just submit an application, do an interview if you get invited and then do your HSC and then get told if you got accepted. Personally I felt that the application and interview weren't too hard but they do play a role in your selection rank for the course so do your best in them as the selection rank is formed by the score in the interview and your ATAR.

Also IDeA is a cadetship so no scholarship money and you'll have to pay subject fees and stuff like that but some companies may offer a scholarship but that's not a guarantee but you'll probs get paid enough to pay them off yourself.

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
I don't think there's an exact ATAR requirement and because IDeA was brand new when I did it, not that many people applied so it was kinda easier to get in but I would say look at the BIT co-op ATAR requirements as it's somewhat similar in terms of selecting students for the course.

The process for entry was pretty much just submit an application, do an interview if you get invited and then do your HSC and then get told if you got accepted. Personally I felt that the application and interview weren't too hard but they do play a role in your selection rank for the course so do your best in them as the selection rank is formed by the score in the interview and your ATAR.

Also IDeA is a cadetship so no scholarship money and you'll have to pay subject fees and stuff like that but some companies may offer a scholarship but that's not a guarantee but you'll probs get paid enough to pay them off yourself.
Oh I didn't realise - so IDeA is just like an accelerated (ish) course with more opportunities vs Co-op being an actual scholarship??

jc7726

HSC
also to mention, i'm worried about all the cpu stuff. All i can really remember is the names of the processes for the fetch-execute cycle and the names/functions of the cpu parts we learnt in year 11 lmao. i keep forgetting program counter and idek remember the names for the rest, something to do with buses

dav53521

HSC
Oh I didn't realise - so IDeA is just like an accelerated (ish) course with more opportunities vs Co-op being an actual scholarship??
People in IDeA get actual placements in a company during uni and it's not accelerated unlike the Co-ops (at UTS at least) which are accelerated , scholarship courses but only offer a few 6 month placements with a sponsoring company during the course duration. So IDeA is one company for a few years during uni while co-ops are a few month placements at a few companies that sponsor the course.

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
also to mention, i'm worried about all the cpu stuff. All i can really remember is the names of the processes for the fetch-execute cycle and the names/functions of the cpu parts we learnt in year 11 lmao. i keep forgetting program counter and idek remember the names for the rest, something to do with buses
OH SHIT I FORGOT ABOUT THAT YEAHHHH DAMNNN

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)