• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2024 HSC Chat (2 Viewers)

katiekms

it’s like a big train wreck (la la la)
HSC
coffee is doing wonders for me this afternoon. im probably not gonna be able to sleep tn but whatevre
lol i got like 4 or 5 hours of sleep last night so i decided to have coffee for the first time in a shot glass and 1. it was disgusting lmao (my fault) 2. maybe this is me but i feel like it hardly did anything. does it take a few tries for it to any effect or something or am i crazy?

marshall lee

HSC
lol i got like 4 or 5 hours of sleep last night so i decided to have coffee for the first time in a shot glass and 1. it was disgusting lmao (my fault) 2. maybe this is me but i feel like it hardly did anything. does it take a few tries for it to any effect or something or am i crazy?
1. was it an espresso? yea those are ass lmao, have something other than just a shot of caffeine like a cappuccino or a latte, they taste so much better
2. it depends on the person, on average should take about 20 mins to kick in but it works for me instantaneously. you could try a double shot but not too late in the evening otherwise you'll end up like mvrcuriee and be kicking yourself at 3am

katiekms

HSC
1. was it an espresso? yea those are ass lmao, have something other than just a shot of caffeine like a cappuccino or a latte, they taste so much better
2. it depends on the person, on average should take about 20 mins to kick in but it works for me instantaneously. you could try a double shot but not too late in the evening otherwise you'll end up like mvrcuriee and be kicking yourself at 3am
yes i think it was lol, i’ll try that thanks!
yeah i haven’t had coffee in the past because i’m scared that i’ll become one of those people who can’t function without coffee in the morning. but i think it’ll be fine if i stick to only mornings where i had a terrible sleep… correct me if i’m wrong bc i’m scared

marshall lee

HSC
yes i think it was lol, i’ll try that thanks!
yeah i haven’t had coffee in the past because i’m scared that i’ll become one of those people who can’t function without coffee in the morning. but i think it’ll be fine if i stick to only mornings where i had a terrible sleep… correct me if i’m wrong bc i’m scared
chocolate in coffee is good if youre willing to try it.
yea that sounds fine, i doubt caffeine will make or break your everyday but if you're skeptical then drinking a cup every now and then isn't a problem, me and a lot of my friends from school do that too!
dont fear, rather give in to the caffeine addiction rahaha :devil::devil:

katiekms

HSC
chocolate in coffee is good if youre willing to try it.
yea that sounds fine, i doubt caffeine will make or break your everyday but if you're skeptical then drinking a cup every now and then isn't a problem, me and a lot of my friends from school do that too!
dont fear, rather give in to the caffeine addiction rahaha :devil::devil:
oooh that does sound good!
that’s good to hear lol, i think i’m coming to the dark side.. :angel:->:devil:

liamkk112

HSC
pls stop. i have a fantasy in my head that once im done with hsc, school stress stops. theres no way i can do it again for uni. is it as bad as hsc?
there’s still some stress but for me it’s been way less than hsc. things are at a faster pace in uni but if you keep up day to day you’ll be fine (provided u don’t leave everything to the last minute there will be minimal stress)and there’s less weighting for each assessment usually, so even if u screw up one thing it’s not the end of the world. additionally the exam mark fir a high distinction is 85+, whereas in hsc you’re expected to get much more than that to get a good atar - also rankings don’t exist so it doesn’t feel like a competitive environment, you’re allowed to help each other and you don’t have to worry about scoring higher than everyone else, just scoring whatever your goal mark is

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)