• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2024 HSC Chat (3 Viewers)

K2Trappy

HSC
Is gatekeeping worth it? Or should I help out my peers? idk kinda confused

katiekms

it’s like a big train wreck (la la la)
HSC
if you help them, your cohort does better which means if you aren’t first you can get a better mark in the hsc. but if you are first you might wanna maintain your rank. i guess it depends what you’re doing to help out your peers, i wouldn't refuse all help, but you don’t have to go out of your way to help them. just be a nice reasonable person ig.

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
Still the resources can help a lot of people so why not, if you're afraid theyre gonna beat you with it then idk what to say

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
There's no harm in gatekeeping, however, if you do it with the intention to attempt to sabotage your peers, it will come back to you one way or another.

If you gatekeep with the fear that your peers may use the resources to their advantage and beat you, I don't see any harm in that.

Ultimately, gatekeeping is up to you and there's nothing wrong with committing the act as long as it isn't out of negativity (i.e. sabotage, revenge, etc).

K2Trappy

HSC
More cause this guy asked me if he can see my eco assignment for "comparison" I don't really wanna give him ideas and some how end up losing

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
More cause this guy asked me if he can see my eco assignment for "comparison" I don't really wanna give him ideas and some how end up losing
Ask him for his then lmfaoooo and call him out if he rips anything off

In all seriousness if it's your personal work, then there's no reason for him to get to see it lol

katiekms

it’s like a big train wreck (la la la)
HSC
true that is a bit much. like its not that bad to briefly explain what you did, but to actually see your fully fleshed assignment 😭 there will fs be blatant copying with that.

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
It depends on how strong your cohort is. Considering my sitch, I have a really strong math 3u class and so I have shared resources that are extremely hard to get with the majority. Don't blindly share it imo. I shared my resources to my class because we all collectively work as a team, and I know they would use these to strengthen the cohort, which is a huge win if anyone in my cohort screws up an assessment (including myself who did this term)-> as the cohort could bump up your results. If your cohort isn't willing to work with you, it'd be less favourable ig.

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
Still the resources can help a lot of people so why not, if you're afraid theyre gonna beat you with it then idk what to say
i keep offering to my irls i don't think they understand 💀

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)