2024 HSC Chat (6 Viewers)

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
does cssa make different trial papers for different schools? like in the same year do they make different papaers for different schools or is it the same?
it's one paper across all schools that purchase the paper which is why there is a security period in place

the only reason the paper would differ is if a school hasn't covered a module/certain content and replaces some questions

the cssa papers u see on studocu are usually in their original form if they come with the answers (in yellow)

HSC
would anyone be interested in me uploading my religion 2 unit notes (aka: anyone need some notes)?

Christianity: paul of tarsus + baptism + bioethics
Islam: hajj + rabi'a al adawyyia + environmental ethics
Buddhism: temple puja + dalai lama + environmental ethics
religion and peace: Christianity + (later Islam)
religion and non religion
religion in Australia post 1945

they are also gorgeous and my pride and joy

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
would anyone be interested in me uploading my religion 2 unit notes (aka: anyone need some notes)?

Christianity: paul of tarsus + baptism + bioethics
Islam: hajj + rabi'a al adawyyia + environmental ethics
Buddhism: temple puja + dalai lama + environmental ethics
religion and peace: Christianity + (later Islam)
religion and non religion
religion in Australia post 1945

they are also gorgeous and my pride and joy
yes please 😭

how does it calcualte your hsc mark when you haven't sat the hsc yet?
i accelerated hsc mathematics advanced

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
its based off trial marks. trials marks wont be the same as hsc marks, but theyre similar
It's not necessarily Trial Marks, it can also be Raw Marks from anything - your final total at school, the average of papers you complete after Trials, etc.

For most, change in performance is usually seen in the period from after Trials until the HSC so people will most likely sit either paper at home after learning from their mistakes. It's important to keep in mind that Trials are also designed to be harder than the HSC so most will likely perform better in the HSC.

Since I accelerated Mathematics Advanced, when I reviewed the solutions after my exam (on the same day) I calculated my approximate Raw Mark, put it into the calculator that I linked earlier and was given an estimate of the aligned mark I would receive. To my luck, it was correct and it was the mark I received on Results Day.

All in all, ATAR calculators aren't the most reliable, especially since alignment changes from year to year and they are rarely updated to reflect this.

WeiWeiMan

HSC
imo, this is the most accurate i've come across, especially since it calculates based off of raw marks, credits to the creator @carrotsss

this calc estimated my hsc mark correctly
idk but it estimated ur hsc mark correctly cuz 2022 and 2023 advanced had the exact same b6 cutoff conveniently
it's correct for 2022 but the alignment can change a lot depending on how hard the exams are (coincidentally the same for 2u)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)