REAL TALK HOW TO GET ABOVE 99.50 (1 Viewer)

makkapakka1234

HSC
Hello!
I'm in yr 11, but bcs year 12 is getting closer and closer I really want good tips on how to take notes in class, what to after class and how to prepare for tests in advance because I really do suck at doing tests in general which makes sense why I'm an average student at my school
But can someone please give me tips on how they survived year 12 bcs I am very stressed and burnt out :/
Thank you!

K2Trappy

HSC
Hello!
I'm in yr 11, but bcs year 12 is getting closer and closer I really want good tips on how to take notes in class, what to after class and how to prepare for tests in advance because I really do suck at doing tests in general which makes sense why I'm an average student at my school
But can someone please give me tips on how they survived year 12 bcs I am very stressed and burnt out :/
Thank you!
What u tryna do with 99.5 bro damn

WeiWeiMan

HSC
Hello!
Thank you!
don't get many questions wrong

weeze

HSC
Hello!
Thank you!
dont sell ur soul for a 99.5 like aim for it but u get extra points in admission to most university courses anyways if you excel (band 5-6) in a certain subject; anyways for now just enjoy fucking around in year 11 because its your last chance. if you burn out in term 3 from prelims you're likely to do really bad in term 4 where it actually counts (this is what happened to soo many of my friends) and lets be fr, year 11 doesnt matter unless u want early entry but the top dawg cool schools where you want a 99.5 atar for dont even do early entry so just be silly and dont stress year 11 legit just practice on the foundational stuff like essay writing, short answer writing etc you

also like dont be upset about your year 11 marks. i didnt gaf in yr 11 since syduni or unsw doesnt even do early entry so i was like wtf is the point of trying but then i grinded it out in year 12 where it actually matters so im now only feeling the burnout right around now instead of term 4-1.for term 3 i think u gotta just enjoy it, practice your foundational things and dont take it too seriously since its legit all a practice run for the next year of your life which will be a living hell

tldr: party lots in yr 11, dont burn yourself out in prelims or u will regret
tip: if you arent already now, when you are in year 12 make summary notes for every single one of your subjects and a new master-doc for every single topic, with each doc starting with the topics sylalabus or else u will regret, trust. for basically every subject the year 12 syllabus is a holy grail that you must pray to every night. also for these summary notes U GOTTA write them during school like during lunch, study periods, whilst your paying attention in class because if ur spending hours after school perfecting ur notes or writing notes about past content you are lowkey wasting time that could be spent doing practice questions and essays.
--> i didnt write one master-doc about Russia in modern history in term 4 because i was a silly goose so now i gotta scramble through all my random ass papers and random ass docs from random ass history lessons to try and compile a cohesive document of info that will actually be relevant in the hsc

as.merd

HSC
Hello!
I'm in year 11, but because year 12 is getting closer and closer, I really want good tips on how to take notes in class, what to do after class and how to prepare for tests in advance because I really do stink at doing tests in general, which makes sense because I'm an average student at my school
But can someone please give me tips on how they survived year 12? I am very stressed and burned out :/
Thank you!
not worth it to burn yourself out in Year 11. Just be super chill with it, and don't get disappointed if you don't do too well. But for year 12, definitely stay on top of your notes (never ever leave it for the last minute💀). The main thing is being consistent.
-having a study plan that suits you & being really specific in what you want to accomplish throughout the day
-working smarter, not harder, in terms of your studies (if your spending ungodly amounts studying and not absorbing anything is a sign to try different methods of studying) + revising your notes after you make them within 24 hours.
-Obv. do practice papers like at least 3 short answers/extended responses, or multiple choice questions, and generally increase the amount if ya want
-And DO NOT compromise your social life; definitely take breaks to enjoy your hobbies :)

wollongong warrior

HSC
Contrary to the replies above, you will have to sacrifice a lot of things to score a 99.5+ atar; it could be social life, mental health (e.g. pushing through burn out), general well being, etc. Unless you've built up a crazy solid foundation/study routine/etc or got some smarts that let you pick up concepts quickly and effectively, sacrifice is inevitable
For your sciences and maths, push through the theory as fast as possible and give yourself as much time to practice past papers, you'll come to enjoy grinding them out... or maybe not idk but that was the case for me; practice is >50% of the learning process

liamkk112

HSC
Hello!
Thank you!
put in as much time as you can to do active study (eg past papers, textbook work, flowcharts) and that's really all you can do to get better

makkapakka1234

HSC
dont sell ur soul for a 99.5 like aim for it but u get extra points in admission to most university courses anyways if you excel (band 5-6) in a certain subject; anyways for now just enjoy fucking around in year 11 because its your last chance. if you burn out in term 3 from prelims you're likely to do really bad in term 4 where it actually counts (this is what happened to soo many of my friends) and lets be fr, year 11 doesnt matter unless u want early entry but the top dawg cool schools where you want a 99.5 atar for dont even do early entry so just be silly and dont stress year 11 legit just practice on the foundational stuff like essay writing, short answer writing etc you

also like dont be upset about your year 11 marks. i didnt gaf in yr 11 since syduni or unsw doesnt even do early entry so i was like wtf is the point of trying but then i grinded it out in year 12 where it actually matters so im now only feeling the burnout right around now instead of term 4-1.for term 3 i think u gotta just enjoy it, practice your foundational things and dont take it too seriously since its legit all a practice run for the next year of your life which will be a living hell

tldr: party lots in yr 11, dont burn yourself out in prelims or u will regret
tip: if you arent already now, when you are in year 12 make summary notes for every single one of your subjects and a new master-doc for every single topic, with each doc starting with the topics sylalabus or else u will regret, trust. for basically every subject the year 12 syllabus is a holy grail that you must pray to every night. also for these summary notes U GOTTA write them during school like during lunch, study periods, whilst your paying attention in class because if ur spending hours after school perfecting ur notes or writing notes about past content you are lowkey wasting time that could be spent doing practice questions and essays.
--> i didnt write one master-doc about Russia in modern history in term 4 because i was a silly goose so now i gotta scramble through all my random ass papers and random ass docs from random ass history lessons to try and compile a cohesive document of info that will actually be relevant in the hsc
dude you have no idea how much this helps to clear my mind. It's like everyone told me that if you do good in yr 11 then ur going to do good in yr 12 and lowkey im doing poop AHAHAHA but like GOOD LUCK FOR UR TRIALS + HSC!!

makkapakka1234

HSC
not worth it to burn yourself out in Year 11. Just be super chill with it, and don't get disappointed if you don't do too well. But for year 12, definitely stay on top of your notes (never ever leave it for the last minute💀). The main thing is being consistent.
-having a study plan that suits you & being really specific in what you want to accomplish throughout the day
-working smarter, not harder, in terms of your studies (if your spending ungodly amounts studying and not absorbing anything is a sign to try different methods of studying) + revising your notes after you make them within 24 hours.
-Obv. do practice papers like at least 3 short answers/extended responses, or multiple choice questions, and generally increase the amount if ya want
-And DO NOT compromise your social life; definitely take breaks to enjoy your hobbies :)
chat i lowkey don't have a social life anymore i keep on deleting my socials thinking i will get work done i dont AHAHAHAHAHHAHA

katiekms

it’s like a big train wreck (la la la)
HSC
lowkey its for my own sanity 😭im brown and just want to make myself happy and ofc the parents but my parents are like super chill and love them sm but like ik they still expect me to do well lmao
just remember that 99.5+ isnt the threshold for doing well, like obviously aim for the stars but don’t beat yourself down if you get like a 99.45 or even lower - you gotta remember that an atar much lower than that is still a crazy good atar so feel proud of whatever you get 🫶 i feel like i worded this badly but hopefully you understand my point

Canoeboat

HSC
Hello!
Thank you!
be top .5 percent of population. no problem, no need to thank me.
Serious note: to gain an edge on the other 99.95 students, you must be the edge and edge

Canoeboat

HSC
do u edge to ur textbooks though?

elliott07

🌙
HSC
Hello!
Thank you!
very cliche but its all about consistency throughout the whole year, balancing effective note taking with active recall while on top of exams and take homes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)