I need urgent advice. (5 Viewers)

v.tex

HSC
i think I have decided what I will do guys, thank-you so much for all your advice.
For now I have stopped my self study on chemistry.
Tomorrow I am going to email my teacher who is in charge of this sort of thing, I also will probably cc my dean, to see if they will let me even try and do the Chemistry assessment.
If I am allowed, I will make a decision if I will actually do it or not. If i do do it Im gonna have to grind, hopefully It will be worth it. Hopefully speaking to my teachers, I can see if I can get my result earlier then everyone else to see how I went. If i did ok, I will do Chemistry and will just study as much as I can going into prelims along with my other subjects. If i absolutely flunk it, I will just stick with my Earth class. I should be able to easily catch up on this quickly and likely get a decent result for prelims.

If you have any other advice for me about this, or think my idea is bad please let me know.

Last edited:

spiderfan44

HSC
i think I have decided what I will do guys, thank-you so much for all your advice.
Tomorrow I am going to email my teacher who is in charge of this sort of thing, I also will probably cc my dean, to see if they will let me even try and do the Chemistry assessment.
If I am allowed, I will make a decision if I will actually do it or not. If i do do it Im gonna have to grind, hopefully It will be worth it. Hopefully speaking to my teachers, I can see if I can get my result earlier then everyone else to see how I went. If i did ok, I will do Chemistry and will just study as much as I can going into prelims along with my other subjects. If i absolutely flunk it, I will just stick with my Earth class. I should be able to easily catch up on this quickly and likely get a decent result for prelims.

If you have any other advice for me about this, or think my idea is bad please let me know.
if u flunk the chemistry assessment, i think you should just stick with chem anyways since it seems that you like it. prelim results dont matter unless you really want early entry for uni. ive had some classes where i flopped on an assessment in prelims and got 40%, i was fine.

C_master

HSC

whats ur chem assessment anyways ( do you know?)

v.tex

HSC
is this a good emai;:

Hi...

I hope this email finds you well.

Although you previously mentioned that switching to Chemistry wouldn't be possible, I decided to challenge myself over the holidays to see if I could catch up on the work. So far, I've successfully completed all of the Term 1 material and have progressed through about a quarter of Term 2.

While I realize this may seem ambitious, I have ensured that my other subjects have not suffered. I have stayed up to date with my homework and even managed to get ahead in my math exercises.

Given my progress, I am writing to inquire if there is any possibility of me joining the Chemistry class. I would like to propose that I attempt the Chemistry assessment during the first week back to demonstrate my understanding and readiness.

I have taken extensive notes on the material I have covered so far, and I am confident that with continued effort and determination, I can complete the catch-up work and perform well in the assessment.

Thank you for considering my request. I look forward to your response.

v.tex

HSC
Bruh, my teacher has still not replied to me and school starts tomorrow+ I know she would have seen it she’s definitely just ignoring me.
At this point i don’t know what to do, do you think i talk to them in person tomorrow?

amatterra

HSC
Bruh, my teacher has still not replied to me and school starts tomorrow+ I know she would have seen it she’s definitely just ignoring me.
At this point i don’t know what to do, do you think i talk to them in person tomorrow?
I would if I were you tbh

v.tex

HSC
ok guys, finally my teacher has responded.
Tbh they have been pretty mean about it for no reason.
They said i can sit the test, but it doesn’t guarantee me getting in the class. Basically they are saying i have to perform somewhat well and get a decent grade, which is gonna hard for me as the test is on mod 3 and i haven’t even covered it yet.
Also the class i want to switch it with, earth, I have an assessment for the next monday, so if i can’t even switch in the end this might affect me badly for earth.
I am really stuck on what to do here, i want to switch, but this is alot of pressure on me and Im gonna have to study extremely hard for the next 3 days if i even want to consider getting a good grade

v.tex

HSC
what should i do!!?? very stuck, my teachers have made me feel kinda bad about doing it now.

spiderfan44

HSC
ok guys, finally my teacher has responded.
Tbh they have been pretty mean about it for no reason.
They said i can sit the test, but it doesn’t guarantee me getting in the class. Basically they are saying i have to perform somewhat well and get a decent grade, which is gonna hard for me as the test is on mod 3 and i haven’t even covered it yet.
Also the class i want to switch it with, earth, I have an assessment for the next monday, so if i can’t even switch in the end this might affect me badly for earth.
I am really stuck on what to do here, i want to switch, but this is alot of pressure on me and Im gonna have to study extremely hard for the next 3 days if i even want to consider getting a good grade
due next monday?

v.tex

HSC
how far away is the test? and how much of earth have you finished so far
Test is verry soon- this friday. i am trying to get my earth test prep done tonight, that way I have it ready in case they dont let me in the end.

katiekms

it’s like a big train wreck (la la la)
HSC
if you haven’t already done your earth assessment, DO IT. if you have, feel free to attempt doing mod 3 for chem. 100% prioritise your earth assessment over chemistry, because as the teacher said, even if you do do the exam and do somewhat well, it’s not guaranteed that they’ll let you in. you’d have to do outstandingly for them to actually consider it (from what i’m gathering). honestly after all the effort you’ve put in, and they still dont really want to accept you, i reckon its time to start forgetting about the idea of switching.

v.tex

HSC
Think I have sadly given up on my switch :(
I want to switch, but trying to catch up on this mod 3 has been hard and I don't think it is possible in this timeframe.
I could attempt the assessment but Im probably gonna do crap and my school probably wont let me even join if I do bad.
While I really do want to switch and I honestly really enjoy chem, tbh I don't think its worth my while anymore :(
this is kinda made me feel depressed

iloveeggs

HSC
Think I have sadly given up on my switch :(
I want to switch, but trying to catch up on this mod 3 has been hard and I don't think it is possible in this timeframe.
I could attempt the assessment but Im probably gonna do crap and my school probably wont let me even join if I do bad.
While I really do want to switch and I honestly really enjoy chem, tbh I don't think its worth my while anymore :(
this is kinda made me feel depressed
what are you studying using

iloveeggs

HSC
ngl even if i think whatever you're doing rn is a pretty crazy decision i really admire your attempt in trying, also mad respect for how much you love chem. is there any help you need? any updates

v.tex

HSC
Well I was studying using the pearson chem textbook with a mix of atomi from my friend. I went pretty slowly through the content because i wanted to properly understand it rather than speed run it and have no clue what it meant.

I know this is highly unlikely, but do u reckon they would let me drop my modern history class for a period where i self study chemistry and try to catch up for the prelims? Probably not even allowed but it’s worth a try asking i guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)