2024 HSC Chat (11 Viewers)

WeiWeiMan

HSC
Hey everyone, former 99.95er here! I was in your position a couple of years ago and I feel that I can impart some worthwhile advice!

I understand that everyone here is feeling the daunting pressure of the HSC, some are highly stressed and demotivated but let me assure you that even if you do poorly on your HSC, even though you'll fail at life, you'll still be able to succeed as a McDonalds worker! ☺☺☺

No stress though, all of you got this.
why was your atar so low? why not 100 you failure? you're a stain on the bloodline

bruhmoment.

HSC
for people who do eliot in mod b english adv, suppose we get a question that states we have to make detailed reference to a specific poem, for example - preludes. By this, does it mean our entire essay has to revolve around preludes only or are we allowed to bring in other poems. Also when they specify a poem, how much of the essay should this specified poem be. Like is it fine if i have like maybe 2-3 examples for this poem or does it have to be considerably more.

WhoseAdam

HSC
does any one here have a past english standard mod B essay for feed by mt anderson that I can refer too i tried buying one and they havent responded

rubypinky:)

HSC
also for mod b essay do we have words we should be using like the common module and mod A?!? Also how high are the chances of me gettign asked persuasvie and discursive. Cause I do not want to prepare for that. ALso, do we have to use critical readings for Mod B? Is it a necessity?

HSC
also for mod b essay do we have words we should be using like the common module and mod A?!? Also how high are the chances of me gettign asked persuasvie and discursive. Cause I do not want to prepare for that. ALso, do we have to use critical readings for Mod B? Is it a necessity?
Do you mean mod c or can I just not read lmao

spiderfan44

HSC
96 in eng??? Std?? state rank type marks
it was an assessment, im going to end up dropping marks hard for trials and hsc bcuz i always do worse in those

for two assessments i got 95 and 96%

but for the one exam i did this year i dropped 10 marks and got an 85%, which is still good but not a state rank.

HSC
for people who do eliot in mod b english adv, suppose we get a question that states we have to make detailed reference to a specific poem, for example - preludes. By this, does it mean our entire essay has to revolve around preludes only or are we allowed to bring in other poems. Also when they specify a poem, how much of the essay should this specified poem be. Like is it fine if i have like maybe 2-3 examples for this poem or does it have to be considerably more.
Im doing keats but its similar cos if you get an extract yes ideally do a para on it and hope and pray its a prepared one you have. worst case use the idea and some quotes from the extract as your thesis all the way through. i was lucky our Mod A assessment was an extract i had prepared for but our teacher hinted too like she hates La Belle for example so we could guess she wouldnt use that one

katiekms

it’s like a big train wreck (la la la)
HSC
my teacher said that they are required to at least ask for a creative because they have to test that skill. they usually add discursive with it too so you can choose.

Kayy1011

HSC
guys how tf do i write an essay for mod b. wer doing Artist of the floating world, istg its so ugly

K2Trappy

HSC
discursive getting asked by itself is still likely I doubt they're ever gonna ask for persuasive alone (watch this years hsc be only persuasive)

vajayjay

HSC
if there is an extract, I would do a paragraph for that poem. hsc wont prescribe hollow men (has already been done), so you have a 3/4 chance of picking the right ones if you do three paragraphs. Unless the wording is weird, I wouldn't do an essay on just one poem, and I don't think NESA would ask that because you're supposed to be studying a body of works.

sainzsgf

HSC
i really dont know how to structure an eliot essay someone help do we do it by theme? or like is there an overarching idea that is discussed per paragraph like idk isolation

spiderfan44

HSC
bro i fumbled so hard i got my business test back i got 26/35, 4/10 for multiple choice 💀 and then 22/25 for short answer
i guess it just means u need to cover more content before trials, get on that grind and start revising

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 9)