• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What are your thoughts on the NSW education system? (13 Viewers)

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
no but i think its kinda stupid to think rural ppl have the same education experience as city ppl. i have rural friends
There's definately a gap. But the compensation given is saturated. I know I sound like a douche/hypocrite for saying this since I am likely going to use those benefits when I graduate, but it just makes me feel really bad for my peers who are desperately trying their hardest to get into their desired course and then students from rural with 92 atars who likely put less effort and get in with a quick application form confirming their rurality. the cutoffs aren't fair for them.

Test-king12

HSC
Do you like it? What could be improved? What do you think abt selective, public, and private schools? And compared to other countries do you think we have a better education system? opinions on anything else...
i think its pretty good an fair

beanbug

HSC
If that's the case, you are still eligible from my understanding (definately for med, that is the case).
yes i am still eligible for entry with a lower atar in msot courses, but only at certain unis. i wish i knew where this "91 atar for med" stat came from, because for usyd at least, the atar i would need to get for med is still a 99.5!!

liamkk112

HSC
im pretty sure the med requirements for rural students are lower because the government wants to encourage doctors to work in rural areas where there's a shortage

Shavi Masee

HSC
I didn't mean to start a disagreement in the replies. (anyone using slurs against each other, it's not very nice so don't it)

I think we understand (even if you guys don't agree with one another) that there are differences or a gap between rural and urban schools. Whether rural could just try harder, or that they aren't given many resources to do so.
I think our question should be 'why?'. Why is it that rural schools performing worse (like apart from limited resources, they've got the internet access etc. Is being at a rural just cursed to perform worse, even if you're doing well?). Why is it that some schools in urban areas also perform bad, even with the resources rural schools don't have (not sure if this is true)?
What should be changed so these disadvantages in certain schools can lessen the impact it has on well performing students?
(if i said something that isn't true pls ignore it)

Bastani

HSC
I didn't mean to start a disagreement in the replies. (anyone using slurs against each other, it's not very nice so don't it)

I think we understand (even if you guys don't agree with one another) that there are differences or a gap between rural and urban schools. Whether rural could just try harder, or that they aren't given many resources to do so.
I think our question should be 'why?'. Why is it that rural schools performing worse (like apart from limited resources, they've got the internet access etc. Is being at a rural just cursed to perform worse, even if you're doing well?). Why is it that some schools in urban areas also perform bad, even with the resources rural schools don't have (not sure if this is true)?
What should be changed so these disadvantages in certain schools can lessen the impact it has on well performing students?
alr thanks mate

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
yes i am still eligible for entry with a lower atar in msot courses, but only at certain unis. i wish i knew where this "91 atar for med" stat came from, because for usyd at least, the atar i would need to get for med is still a 99.5!!
Bruh...U cant just pick and choose w med lmfao. Imagine how fucked that would be for urban students. 99.95 req (w/o ucat) vs 91 for a rural student (excluding ucat)... its supposed to be insanely high BECUASE IT IS SYDNEY University after all. On the other hand, you've got countless unis from around the state with cutoffs that are very reasonable for rural students, so be happy that you have that luxury.

spiderfan44

HSC

Bastani

HSC
Bruh...U cant just pick and choose w med lmfao. Imagine how fucked that would be for urban students. 99.95 req (w/o ucat) vs 91 for a rural student (excluding ucat)... its supposed to be insanely high BECUASE IT IS SYDNEY University after all. On the other hand, you've got countless unis from around the state with cutoffs that are very reasonable for rural students, so be happy that you have that luxury.
what

Shavi Masee

HSC
honestly bruh if u cannot make that much you shouldn't have kids
On top of living expenses, mortgage (if they have any), how many children the family has, the jobs of the parents etc. I think it affects if they can afford 10k for each one or not.
I agree though, if you can't afford to have children, then don't have them at all.

Bastani

HSC
On top of living expenses, mortgage (if they have any), how many children the family has, the jobs of the parents etc. I think it affects if they can afford 10k for each one or not.
I agree though, if you can't afford to have children, then don't have them at all.
nah but if you think about it having children is a business like centrelink money yfm

spiderfan44

HSC
arent you doing that though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)