• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

atar prediction thread 9000 (1 Viewer)

spiderfan44

HSC
school is ranked in the 100's

trial exam marktrial exam rankcumulative assessment course rankb6's my school got last year!!!
English standard80%18/1064/1060
Design and technology88%8/319/310
earth and environmental science84%3/113/110
food technology98%1/151/152
geography86%3/213/213

Last edited:

spiderfan44

HSC
@jimmysmith560 i swear you gotta start charging for atar predictions man, you write pretty detailed advice as well. if you can help with a prediction id appreciate it.

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC

trial exam marktrial exam rankcumulative assessment course rankb6's my school got last year!!!
English standard80%18/1064/1060!
Design and technology88%8/319/310!
earth and environmental science84%3/113/110!
geography86%3/213/213
So ur school got zero factorial b6's in eng standard, d&t, and eas, meaning they got exactly 1 b6?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Given this information, your current performance seems consistent with an ATAR in the low to mid-80s range. More specifically, that would be an ATAR between 83 and 85.5.

Food Technology and Geography are your best-performing subjects. This is especially true for Food Technology, where your rank is optimal, meaning that the moderation process would work in your favour if you were to also achieve the highest HSC exam mark in your cohort. Both subjects are likely to make positive contributions to your ATAR and it is therefore important to thoroughly prepare for their HSC exam, allowing you to solidify your overall performance in both.

The same can be suggested about your position in Earth and Environmental Science, although perhaps to a slightly lesser extent. This means that while this subject may make a positive contribution to your ATAR, there may be areas of improvement that you can address as part of your preparations for your EES HSC exam. Doing so will allow you to improve your overall performance, and consequently this subject's contribution to your ATAR.

On the other hand, English Standard as well as Design and Technology are your lowest-performing subjects, and are likely the subjects that are preventing you from being on track with a higher ATAR at this stage. Based on this, you may wish to consider placing a greater emphasis on your preparations for their HSC exam, because favourable HSC exam performance (which would improve your overall performance), would result in a greater contribution to your ATAR from these subjects and reduce the chances of them hindering your progress towards a higher ATAR.

I hope this helps! 😄

Solarised

HSC

English standard80%18/1064/1060
Design and technology88%8/319/310
earth and environmental science84%3/113/110
geography86%3/213/213
Your trial marks are damn good, but the b6 of your rate means you are sitting in the 80s, Geo can be pushed to a b6 IMO and same as design and tech, so if you do well in externals you can get into the 90s

spiderfan44

HSC
Given this information, your current performance seems consistent with an ATAR in the low to mid-80s range. More specifically, that would be an ATAR between 83 and 85.5.

Food Technology and Geography are your best-performing subjects. This is especially true for Food Technology, where your rank is optimal, meaning that the moderation process would work in your favour if you were to also achieve the highest HSC exam mark in your cohort. Both subjects are likely to make positive contributions to your ATAR and it is therefore important to thoroughly prepare for their HSC exam, allowing you to solidify your overall performance in both.

The same can be suggested about your position in Earth and Environmental Science, although perhaps to a slightly lesser extent. This means that while this subject may make a positive contribution to your ATAR, there may be areas of improvement that you can address as part of your preparations for your EES HSC exam. Doing so will allow you to improve your overall performance, and consequently this subject's contribution to your ATAR.

On the other hand, English Standard as well as Design and Technology are your lowest-performing subjects, and are likely the subjects that are preventing you from being on track with a higher ATAR at this stage. Based on this, you may wish to consider placing a greater emphasis on your preparations for their HSC exam, because favourable HSC exam performance (which would improve your overall performance), would result in a greater contribution to your ATAR from these subjects and reduce the chances of them hindering your progress towards a higher ATAR.

I hope this helps! 😄
thanks jimmy!

spiderfan44

HSC
Your trial marks are damn good, but the b6 of your rate means you are sitting in the 80s, Geo can be pushed to a b6 IMO and same as design and tech, so if you do well in externals you can get into the 90s
yea i think ill be able to get a 90 in geo. during trials i got 0 on a 5 mark question for geo because i got economic enterprises and economic activities confused

Demons

HSC
yea i think ill be able to get a 90 in geo. during trials i got 0 on a 5 mark question for geo because i got economic enterprises and economic activities confused
Bro I got 2 0's on two of my software questions just because I forgot the easiest thing to do, if I got those marks I would've been well in the 93+ range for the trials.

My teacher looked at me in disappointment, because I was his rank 1 student and he thought I couldn't make these sorts of mistakes, But I'm human as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)