• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2024 HSC Chat (8 Viewers)

Demons

HSC
the scaling diff between standard and advanced eng is like night & day its rigged 😔
it's the same scaling according to NESA, but advanced seems better because more people are capable of getting the band 5's and 6's because they try for English unlike some people in standard who just do the bare minimum and drag the rest of the state down.

ihatehsc24

HSC
Same!!!!!!!! I can get good marks in the essays but short answers and mod C I get 9/20
for standard short answers, all u gotta do is have a topic sentence, 1 quote and technique per mark, and then yap on about what effect it has and kinda link it back to the question. thats what i do and i got a 17 for trials. prob woulda gotten more but i messed up this compare question

Demons

HSC
for standard short answers, all u gotta do is have a topic sentence, 1 quote and technique per mark, and then yap on about what effect it has and kinda link it back to the question. thats what i do and i got a 17 for trials. prob woulda gotten more but i messed up this compare question
Yea I do that but my mind is too left brained so I think too logically (like Christopher if you know you know), and then I end up talking about the steps to reach the effect like you would in math, but then I go off on tangents, I'm literally CHRISTOPHER BOONE.

failing student

HSC
this is genuinely rly helpful to know, thanks, a lot of teachers try to improve the quality of your responses by only having you memorise more techniques, but how to approach the question and what to include is helpful

ihatehsc24

HSC
Do you guys think it would be possible to finish the short answers in paper 1 in 30-35 mins? cuz I want to spend more time on the essay than it suggests (45mins),

genenian

HSC
Do you guys think it would be possible to finish the short answers in paper 1 in 30-35 mins? cuz I want to spend more time on the essay than it suggests (45mins),
ya thats my plan. use all my reading time to GLANCE at the essay question and plan really thoroughly for short response. finish short 5-10 mini early and start on the essay asap getting a really decent intro

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)