• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

English Advanced Predictions/Thoughts (8 Viewers)

igor9

HSC
Thats an unsafe topic imo you should have talked about the disconnection from society due to the widespread use of technology, then you would have gone on to say tech does this to improve quality of life, but a life without tech does vice versa
fuck man but u don't gotta always take everything literally, i just took the main aspects of what i thought the question talked abt and implemented in my own discursive. not everyone in the state can have a discursive abt technology ig.

Solarised

HSC
fuck man but u don't gotta always take everything literally, i just took the main aspects of what i thought the question talked abt and implemented in my own discursive. not everyone in the state can have a discursive abt technology ig.
Yea but its usually the safest route, you should be gud tho most the of the state messed up so at least your not one of them

HSC
u don't gotta talk abt technology tho right for the discursive, it's more about going back to the basics, and going outta ur comfort zone and stuff and realising thru travel and my journey, that there are benefits in living a less comfortable life and dat? I mean that's what i did, since it said take ideas from the stimulus, and that's an idea i can talk abt.
Yeah same i specifically made sure not to write about tech because it's so cliche and would be hard to actually go well in

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
u don't gotta talk abt technology tho right for the discursive, it's more about going back to the basics, and going outta ur comfort zone and stuff and realising thru travel and my journey, that there are benefits in living a less comfortable life and dat? I mean that's what i did, since it said take ideas from the stimulus, and that's an idea i can talk abt.
Ig but I took the inventions part very literally

HSC
guys is what i talked about for mod c relevant? i talked about truth and how we need to dismantle the idea that truth like scientific and moral truth are not entirely absolute, so we need to discard the convenient ways of thinking and explore new perspectives and ideas of truth i.e. truth shaped by cultural and personal experiences. i don't remember how well I adapted it but does it answer the question... lots of people say its about technology and time and environment but this is just my personal interpretation and I'm so scared

rev668

HSC
20 MARKER DISCURSIVE OR PERSUASIVE. KNEW IT

i actually enjoyed it i wrote some discursive spiel about the pros and cons of tiktok as a mode of modern convenience and used the onomatopoeia of tiktok “tick tock” to create this theme of time (wasting time/saving time) but anyways.

the rest of the paper was okay!! fairly generic questions so it was easy to adapt to my prepared arguments

how did everyone else find it??
the tqe strat for mod b pulled through 1729047108007.png

igor9

HSC
Yea but its usually the safest route, you should be gud tho most the of the state messed up so at least your not one of them
cheers mate, hope u do well too. it's just for eng i never go for the literal meaning and it has worked well for me in the past, but i'm sure if both of our discursives were good then we should do well 🙏 🙏 🙏

tvskAXatar

HSC
Thank fuck there were no prescribed text requirements or reflection/rationale requirements for that question in mod C

Also, thank fuck there were no extracts this year for Mods A and B, contrary to the fake news and fake posts here and elsewhere saying there would be. We are arguably one of the luckiest cohorts I’d say. The most luckiest since the syllabus came into inception. Even last year had no A/B extracts but required a 12/8 reflection for Mod C.

2025 should be worried, but it’s not our problem!

igor9

HSC
guys is what i talked about for mod c relevant? i talked about truth and how we need to dismantle the idea that truth like scientific and moral truth are not entirely absolute, so we need to discard the convenient ways of thinking and explore new perspectives and ideas of truth i.e. truth shaped by cultural and personal experiences. i don't remember how well I adapted it but does it answer the question... lots of people say its about technology and time and environment but this is just my personal interpretation and I'm so scared
very abstract but ig u talked about going out of comfort zones in the topic of truths and the way we think so maybe?

aqwerty13402

HSC
do u do extension english lmao?
that feels like a literary worlds essay (in a good way)

Solarised

HSC
cheers mate, hope u do well too. it's just for eng i never go for the literal meaning and it has worked well for me in the past, but i'm sure if both of our discursives were good then we should do well 🙏 🙏 🙏
Na I realised I read your idea wrong your totally fine, hoping we can both get the english b6 cuz I hate that this shit subject goes towards ur atar

igor9

HSC
Na I realised I read your idea wrong your totally fine, hoping we can both get the english b6 cuz I hate that this shit subject goes towards ur atar
lmao same bro it is kinda weird that i am really good at this subject (i think so at least) but i hate it's guts but like at the same time i get good in it so i gotta sweat it for atar 😭:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)