• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

English Advanced Predictions/Thoughts (3 Viewers)

la_sportive

HSC
At first I was kind of happy because this type of thing can throw off kids that just memorise a creative piece their tutors made for them

then again I feel like the people this will hurt most are kids in low socioeconomic areas especially those that don't even learn about discursives
yeah that's true
idk I feel like my piece will be boring now since everyone wrote about technology, but mine wasn't really focused on technology it was more of a brief mention to support my point so hopefully it's ok...

qwer12334

HSC
yeah that's true
idk I feel like my piece will be boring now since everyone wrote about technology, but mine wasn't really focused on technology it was more of a brief mention to support my point so hopefully it's ok...
I mean yours could be more interesting since most talked about technology

la_sportive

HSC
I mean yours could be more interesting since most talked about technology
Yeah idk if mine had a sharp enough focus but it's fine... it did well in trials so hopefully it does well in HSC like it was more about embracing emotions, and talked for a bit how technology strips that connection but then also did a counterpoint of technology itself isn't the issue, it's how we use it whatever blah blah blah

Anyways kinda boring but hopefully it works

qwer12334

HSC
Yeah idk if mine had a sharp enough focus but it's fine... it did well in trials so hopefully it does well in HSC like it was more about embracing emotions, and talked for a bit how technology strips that connection but then also did a counterpoint of technology itself isn't the issue, it's how we use it whatever blah blah blah

Anyways kinda boring but hopefully it works
no idea, could do well for sure.

best not dwell on it too much

bellyballs

HSC
nah man did you forget it or did you run out of time
okay fr mod c is probably fine i talked about reading being journey (how it related to the stimulus idk but surely they cant judge that with no reflection) mod a lowkey decent but mod b i had an intro and one body. DISASTER

rev668

HSC
okay fr mod c is probably fine i talked about reading being journey (how it related to the stimulus idk but surely they cant judge that with no reflection) mod a lowkey decent but mod b i had an intro and one body. DISASTER
not gonna lie to you that is abit of a tragedy mod c should be fine since every messed it up, but that mod b is tragic, do you need a high atar for ur degree

qwer12334

HSC
did you have conclusion for mod B? 1 sentence conclusion could actually save you few marks
and if you have a good rank you are still guaranteed to get a decent band 5

aqwerty13402

HSC
Same here holy shit I spent way too long on MOD A!!! mod A stimulus required some heavy rewording for my intro so I guess that fucked me up
SAME

LITERALLY MY INTRO TOOK SO MUCH MORE TIME THAN NORMAL AND IT BLED INTO MOD C. + I HAD TO CONDENSE MY LAST MOD A PARAGRAPH. Hopefully i can scrape a 17

qwer12334

HSC
SAME

LITERALLY MY INTRO TOOK SO MUCH MORE TIME THAN NORMAL AND IT BLED INTO MOD C. + I HAD TO CONDENSE MY LAST MOD A PARAGRAPH. Hopefully i can scrape a 17
Mod A our teachers said was the 'safe' module where the questions would usually require very little adaptation 😭 😭 😭
tbf today's stimulus wasn't terrible but the way it was worded just required more adapting!! like most of the time mod A is framed around how the new text enhances our appreciation of the hypotext

But what's done is done! Was pretty confident with B6 last night, now I'm satisfied with B5 😂😂

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)