• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Announcement from BOSTES/NESA - 2019 Syllabus Changes for Calculus courses (1 Viewer)

justletmespeak123

15 Budapest St Rooty Hill, New South Wales
HSC
There will be an announcement from BOSTES next Wednesday at the MANSW conference involving a significant change to the calculus courses.

There is no official word yet about what this might be.

But there is a rumour going around that it will be a formula sheet in HSC exams for ALL the courses (just like General get now).

I'll let you know more later.
the formula sheet become shit for integration. But I like the formulas for differentiation.

justletmespeak123

HSC
investigative tasks are conspicuous by their absence. it is no longer required in the new syllabus.

to many that is a really good change. such assignments may be better suited in other subjects, it no longer needs to be a thing in maths.

schools can still choose to do it if they want.

but it is something that looms rather large in the ib and several ib maths teachers have said to me that it is a pain in the a**.

nesa finally took their advice.
IB is a fucking shit course. A Levels is the best high school education examination since its all exams. IB is like some philosophy bullshit, we shouldn't follow these idiots.

justletmespeak123

HSC
The criticism is not enough time.

So there is time for what? The other crap they do to make up the units? That's not what they want to do!

Reverse the decision in 1980 to make 4 unit a 1 year course! Go back to the 2 year course.

There are plenty of year 10 students quite capable of doing extension 2 in year 11.

Here are the contents sections of coroneos level 1 (the 2-year course version of extension 2)

View attachment 43789
View attachment 43790
View attachment 43791
View attachment 43792
These came out in 1966. Dumbing down happened ever since.

How far behind does Australia need to get before we send ALL our kids overseas to get a proper education?
The woke education overlords are here to blame; they want to dumb down subjects for "inclusivity" since this was probably dominated by a specific gender.

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
IB is a fucking shit course. A Levels is the best high school education examination since its all exams. IB is like some philosophy bullshit, we shouldn't follow these idiots.
well i wouldn't write them off so completely. some of their maths books are actually pretty good.

for example they take the vectors topic much further which is better than the nsw syllabus half-baked approach.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)