• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Maths Ext 2 Predictions (3 Viewers)

WeiWeiMan

HSC
we bouta get an imo inequality in q16
I’m pretty sure IMO inequalities aren’t as common in IMO anymore cuz of the possibility of bashing them out (idk it’s not like I’d know how to solve them)

In all seriousness, inequalities ain’t even that bad like 95% of the time. Anything vectors related usually makes me wanna kms (excluding ruse 2022)

HSC
I’m pretty sure IMO inequalities aren’t as common in IMO anymore cuz of the possibility of bashing them out (idk it’s not like I’d know how to solve them)

In all seriousness, inequalities ain’t even that bad like 95% of the time. Anything vectors related usually makes me wanna kms (excluding ruse 2022)
yea tru we more likely to get some complex bashing geometry question but if the exam markers are lazy they could totally just steal an inequality off aops lol

Dontcallmedude

HSC
Heyo u guys tried the 2024 north Sydney girls paper? It's so wierd lol. Some very 'interesting' proofs, questions requiring worded responses, weirdly very easy but thought provoking stuff scattered around with some interesting methods required to solving questions. Wierd af paper ngl

appleali

HSC
also are we allowed to use am/gm for greater than 2 without proof (unless the question specifically asks to prove it)
because ive seen trials where am/gm for 3/4 is allowed to be used without proof
is this the case for hsc?

drani

HSC
also are we allowed to use am/gm for greater than 2 without proof (unless the question specifically asks to prove it)
because ive seen trials where am/gm for 3/4 is allowed to be used without proof
is this the case for hsc?
No, we cannot quote it. Most of the proofs will be requiring you to prove it for those 3/4 cases. You must also prove the basic case. However, you can reference it in a later question if you need to.

Hejjwheh23

HSC
1729243352579.png
What do you guys think? I think a we may get a harder proj motion question this year maybe q13 or 14.

appleali

HSC
thoughts on calculus/geometric inequality proofs? haven’t seen that in a while

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)